How can I stop being a "beta" male. Watch

Terry McCann.
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have been told that I am a soft, effeminate, gay, boring beta male. What can I do to stop this?
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Terry McCann.)
I have been told that I am a soft, effeminate, gay, boring beta male. What can I do to stop this?
So are you one... how would you describe yourself
Terry McCann.
Rep:
?
(Original post by squeakysquirrel)
So are you one... how would you describe yourself
I wouldn't say I was one.
First of all, I am not gay, I do not have the typical "lad" attitude however. I do not see any interest in taking drugs. I do like a drink but not "to get smashed" like it seems fashionable to do these days.
Max1989
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Well you cannot really control how you are as genetics unfortuantly can make you more 'feminine', but if you want to be more 'manly' prehaps the gym is a good place to start, as more muscle would overcome some of your feminie qualities, as well as boosting your tetosterone levels. But other than acting like how you want to act you cannot really change. Join a sports team prehaps, I'm trying not to be stereotypical, but a stereotype is there for a reason.
ltsmith
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
buy a dildo ?
Terry McCann.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Max1989)
Well you cannot really control how you are as genetics unfortuantly can make you more 'feminine', but if you want to be more 'manly' prehaps the gym is a good place to start, as more muscle would overcome some of your feminie qualities, as well as boosting your tetosterone levels. But other than acting like how you want to act you cannot really change. Join a sports team prehaps, I'm trying not to be stereotypical, but a stereotype is there for a reason.
We need stereotypes
Terry McCann.
Rep:
?
(Original post by ltsmith)
buy a dildo ?
Why?
ltsmith
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Why?
for the kek.

but srsly, if people are telling you that to your face they are the ones with the problem, not you.

beta/alpha is dumb and is based on a flawed study of wolves. it doesn't translate well to humans in real-life. we are just too complex!

just focus on being a successful man. take up a sport, exercise and be active. study hard and work hard so you can into your desired career. don't eat unhealthy stuff. the struggle will harden you up.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ltsmith)
buy a dildo ?
Hahaha
Max1989
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
We need stereotypes
Well I never was a manly male, many thought I was gay (which I am very much not), I did/do Ballet which did not help my case, but as I progressed through puberty and went gym I became much more manly. So if you are still youngish you may just need to develop a little more. Be more assertive and improve your language skills, I'm quiet quiet but my charisma/pressence in a room and my use of words makes me become the most manly person in the room by that alone, I am also quiet tall and probaly broardest person I know so I also take up a lot of space, but also show a lot of respect by not taking up others space. Being manly is not being showing off or anything like that, it is simply balance, you have control over you and the situation you are in, females are more unpredictable and spontaneous, whcih is not a bad thing, just diffrent.
EloiseSamaha
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I wouldn't say I was one.
First of all, I am not gay, I do not have the typical "lad" attitude however. I do not see any interest in taking drugs. I do like a drink but not "to get smashed" like it seems fashionable to do these days.
People will call you boring or plain if you don't drink or do drugs because for them that's the only definition of "fun" and "risk-taking". If you don't want to do those things then stick to your morals and ignore those people, they only find you boring because they need artificial methods to create fun and enjoy their lives. Ignore them and do what makes you happy, eventually you'll find mature people whose lives don't revolve around substances.
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Good lord, what a combination of adjectives, you must be quite the catch..
Terry McCann.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
Good lord, what a combination of adjectives, you must be quite the catch..
What?
UWS
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The moment you stop associating the Greek alphabet with personality types.
Terry McCann.
Rep:
?
(Original post by UWS)
The moment you stop associating the Greek alphabet with personality types.
That's what people call it
UWS
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
That's what people call it
People who berate people for being "beta" are projecting their own insecurities onto other people. You're falling for the bait.
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Don't stop. It's possible you could get into bed with more women by being more deceptive, arrogant, image-obsessed, and pushy, but it isn't a formula for long-term happiness on anyone's part.
Terry McCann.
Rep:
?
(Original post by UWS)
People who berate people for being "beta" are projecting their own insecurities onto other people. You're falling for the bait.
OK Thanks.
Terry McCann.
Rep:
?
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
Don't stop. It's possible you could get into bed by being more deceptive, arrogant, image-obsessed, and pushy, but it isn't a formula for long-term happiness on anyone's part.
OK
sknudson
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Betas follow the crowd, brah. Carve your own path in life and be completely unapologetic in doing so. The true mark of manliness is to rise above the phone-clutching, beer-swilling, Polo-wearing clones you see all over the place who think they're something special because they have the latest phone and Ralph Lauren shirt that they match with their Gucci purses. The idea of masculinity today couldn't be any less manly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (237)
59.85%
No (159)
40.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise