The Student Room Group

Bath or UCL

I was given conditional offers to study pharmacy at UCL and Bath. The grades required for both is AAB, but if I were to choose UCL as my firm then the grades I'd need to get would be BBB. So I'm not sure as to whether to put Bath or UCL as my firm because both universities are really good and I'm really indecisive.
Reply 1
UCL is fantastic, it's also in London so you'd not only enjoy their connections but also the life in London. Go for it :smile:
Hey I'm in the EXACT same position with the same course and universities in mind and offer (BBB if firm choice) from UCL!
Reply 3
I actually ended up firming Bath. I don't know, I got a better feel from the environment in Bath than I did in UCL.
Original post by PharmaLil
Hey I'm in the EXACT same position with the same course and universities in mind and offer (BBB if firm choice) from UCL!
This may be weird but again, I feel the same too! The feel that Bath gave me on the interview day is better than UCL, and I also like the environment there and modules that Bath do because they're integrated. But I'm also held by the fact that UCL also has a very good reputation and a good employability. Were these things troubling you too?
Original post by Nuha22
I actually ended up firming Bath. I don't know, I got a better feel from the environment in Bath than I did in UCL.
Reply 5
Yeah, but then I looked at trends and found that both Bath and UCL were really similar, so I was thinking maybe I should just choose Bath since it would give a more university experience. Also I felt the same about the interviews. At Bath, they were so friendly and I ended up taking about rugby to one of them and hitting it off (granted I did just bs my way about rugby because I don't know anything about it.) At UCL, the interview went well but the people there and the people that interviewed me were just cold, it was if they had no life to them. Also, although the 'nightlight' in London is good, it doesn't really matter to me because A) I've lived in London my entire life and B) I'm not a nighty thingamajig kinda person. I like eating good food, crying over fictional characters and going to theaters. With the employ-ability rates, Bath is at an advantage because of the lack of pharmacists in the area. One thing that Bath really sold me on is the fact that they had higher a employ-ability percentage for industry which is a sector that I want to work in.
Original post by PharmaLil
This may be weird but again, I feel the same too! The feel that Bath gave me on the interview day is better than UCL, and I also like the environment there and modules that Bath do because they're integrated. But I'm also held by the fact that UCL also has a very good reputation and a good employability. Were these things troubling you too?
Oh right okay. Thanks! That really helped! Also, do you know where you can find the employability of university graduates for hospital pharmacy? Because that's the sector of pharmacy I want to work in.
Original post by Nuha22
Yeah, but then I looked at trends and found that both Bath and UCL were really similar, so I was thinking maybe I should just choose Bath since it would give a more university experience. Also I felt the same about the interviews. At Bath, they were so friendly and I ended up taking about rugby to one of them and hitting it off (granted I did just bs my way about rugby because I don't know anything about it.) At UCL, the interview went well but the people there and the people that interviewed me were just cold, it was if they had no life to them. Also, although the 'nightlight' in London is good, it doesn't really matter to me because A) I've lived in London my entire life and B) I'm not a nighty thingamajig kinda person. I like eating good food, crying over fictional characters and going to theaters. With the employ-ability rates, Bath is at an advantage because of the lack of pharmacists in the area. One thing that Bath really sold me on is the fact that they had higher a employ-ability percentage for industry which is a sector that I want to work in.

Quick Reply

Latest