Does anyone else drink the powder in their antibiotic capsules? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I can't swallow capsules and I had to drink it to get it down me which tasted rank and does anyone else do this?
sknudson
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I can't say I have, but I'm pretty curious now. Imported penicillin tastes horrible without the flavour coating we have over here. Surely you can ask for a script to get liquid antibiotic rather than suffering through that though. I grew up on the banana flavoured stuff.
pyr0maniacc
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I can't swallow capsules and I had to drink it to get it down me which tasted rank and does anyone else do this?
i have heard that capsules are made so the medication can slowly be realeased into your body and so if you just take the powder you can actually overdose on it.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
The capsule is there to makesure the antibiotic gets through the stomack undamaged to the place where it is supposed to be absorbed. If you are struggling with capsules, you need to speka to your GP about a different forulation as you are currently unlikely to be getting therapeutic doses of the drugs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (36)
12.72%
Yes - a food allergy (32)
11.31%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (9)
3.18%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
3.18%
No (197)
69.61%

Watched Threads