Do we need all alevel result in one cetificate to apply to UK universities? Watch

Dilshani8
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Do i need to have all the subjects i take in alevel in one cetificate to apply to recognised universities. I am planning to take my chemistry and biology exams 2019 may and physics and psycology in 2019 October that won't have a issue when applying to universities in uk?
Crow_M
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
As long as you have proof of your qualifications that's fine.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
artful_lounger
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
They don't necessarily need to all be on one certificate (indeed students in the UK often sit A-levels from different exam boards and thus have them on different certificates anyway), but you will need the proof of them in some form as above.

However, some universities and courses prefer you take at least three A-level exams (and normally, all of them that you are entering for) in a single sitting, to ensure you are prepared for their courses and so they can compare you equally with other students who have done the same. Especially for e.g. Oxbridge, Imperial, LSE, and medicine, dentistry, vet met, and similar courses, it's normally expected you will take all your equivalent exams together (e.g. all A2 exams at the same time - taking your AS exams before those is fine).

Is there a reason you're only doing them in two sets of two? I would recommend you check the requirements of any courses or universities you are hoping to apply to in order to ensure this approach would be acceptable (it may be worth contacting the universities directly to enquire).
Dilshani8
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by artful_lounger)
They don't necessarily need to all be on one certificate (indeed students in the UK often sit A-levels from different exam boards and thus have them on different certificates anyway), but you will need the proof of them in some form as above.

However, some universities and courses prefer you take at least three A-level exams (and normally, all of them that you are entering for) in a single sitting, to ensure you are prepared for their courses and so they can compare you equally with other students who have done the same. Especially for e.g. Oxbridge, Imperial, LSE, and medicine, dentistry, vet met, and similar courses, it's normally expected you will take all your equivalent exams together (e.g. all A2 exams at the same time - taking your AS exams before those is fine).

Is there a reason you're only doing them in two sets of two? I would recommend you check the requirements of any courses or universities you are hoping to apply to in order to ensure this approach would be acceptable (it may be worth contacting the universities directly to enquire).
Thank you soo much for your reply. I did my AS chemistry and AS biology in 2018 may so within 13 months need to complete the exam to get in one cetificate i was planning to do physics AS and A2 2019 may along with A2 chemistry and A2 biology but i am not prepared enough for an A in physics so i postponed physics to october 2019 so that cause results to be in 2 certificates. I will try calling the university and confirm with them too as u suggested.
the_queen
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
As said, many unis ask or prefer to take all exams in one sitting.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Humanities; Department of Drama, Theatre and Performance; Department of Social Sciences; Department of English and Creative Writing Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (224)
59.73%
No (151)
40.27%

Watched Threads