How to get yourself to study when you're going through family stuff Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I won't bore you with the details, but I'm currently going through some family stuff and it's really taking its toll on me emotionally... I'm *trying* to get myself motivated to study for the gamsat I want to take in March, but I just feel drained. Today, I was reading some material but it's like nothing sticks to my mind. I have this overwhelming feeling of heaviness on me, and I just want to lie down and do absolutely nothing. I know feelings are temporary, but how could I help myself right now? I'm planning on going back to the gym, which I haven't been to in ages, but what else could I do? Sometimes I think to myself, if I just gather up all my courage, put my head down and just study, I'll get through this but it's like I can't find that spark....
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I won't bore you with the details, but I'm currently going through some family stuff and it's really taking its toll on me emotionally... I'm *trying* to get myself motivated to study for the gamsat I want to take in March, but I just feel drained. Today, I was reading some material but it's like nothing sticks to my mind. I have this overwhelming feeling of heaviness on me, and I just want to lie down and do absolutely nothing. I know feelings are temporary, but how could I help myself right now? I'm planning on going back to the gym, which I haven't been to in ages, but what else could I do? Sometimes I think to myself, if I just gather up all my courage, put my head down and just study, I'll get through this but it's like I can't find that spark....
It's hard when your personal life can be far from desirable, but remind yourself of the end goal of your studies. If you find things are getting too hard, speak to a teacher you trust. Also, do you have a good circle of friends that you can talk to?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (64)
8.43%
I used to but I don't now (19)
2.5%
No, but I want to start (282)
37.15%
No, I am unable to (186)
24.51%
No, I chose not to (208)
27.4%