Need Advice Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm an LDR and i have been for nearly 6months and it's going great we're meeting next month we are usually good at communicating but there's one thing we never talk about or try to fix. When either of us leaves when were texting. Like one of us just disappears i don't do it that much only when my day is overloaded and i can't speak but my boyfriend does it at least 4 times a day and it's really getting on my nerves! like he just goes away for 2/3 hours and then pops up saying "Sorry babe i was busy!!" i just look at my phone like you really should've told me you were leaving not letting me wonder where the hell you are. I dont know. I'm probably overthinking and i know asking this silly question on student room isn't the best thing but i don't know what to do...i can't just pop up saying hey mind telling me where your going cause he's quite senistive.

What do i do!!!??
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm an LDR and i have been for nearly 6months and it's going great we're meeting next month we are usually good at communicating but there's one thing we never talk about or try to fix. When either of us leaves when were texting. Like one of us just disappears i don't do it that much only when my day is overloaded and i can't speak but my boyfriend does it at least 4 times a day and it's really getting on my nerves! like he just goes away for 2/3 hours and then pops up saying "Sorry babe i was busy!!" i just look at my phone like you really should've told me you were leaving not letting me wonder where the hell you are. I dont know. I'm probably overthinking and i know asking this silly question on student room isn't the best thing but i don't know what to do...i can't just pop up saying hey mind telling me where your going cause he's quite senistive.

What do i do!!!??
I'm in an LDR and my boyfriend does this too, except he doesn't acknowledge he's disappeared for a while. He just continues the conversation as if 1 minute has passed.

I just keep saying to him that it upsets me and he knows it and he needs to not do it. He apologises and is generally pretty good compared to previously. It was actually only yesterday that he did it again, but that was the first time in months. I just said to him to remember what we've talked about before, and he doesn't do it again for a while at least. It is just a genuine slip of the mjnd and not deliberate. He used to fall asleep on me regularly! But that's for another thread.

Just communicate how you're feeling and hopefully he is understanding and apologetic. Communicarion is so important in a LDR.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
I'm in an LDR and my boyfriend does this too, except he doesn't acknowledge he's disappeared for a while. He just continues the conversation as if 1 minute has passed.

I just keep saying to him that it upsets me and he knows it and he needs to not do it. He apologises and is generally pretty good compared to previously. It was actually only yesterday that he did it again, but that was the first time in months. I just said to him to remember what we've talked about before, and he doesn't do it again for a while at least. It is just a genuine slip of the mjnd and not deliberate. He used to fall asleep on me regularly! But that's for another thread.

Just communicate how you're feeling and hopefully he is understanding and apologetic. Communicarion is so important in a LDR.
Thank you so much! i'll do that
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (83)
57.64%
No (61)
42.36%

Watched Threads