37.5%
only the world class should (4)
50%
we knnow
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
"The average wage for Premier League players last season was £2.4m, according to a report from Sporting Intelligence. That equates to £46,000 a week, more than the average UK worker earns in a year"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/41037621
Last edited by we knnow; 1 week ago
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by we knnow)
average footballers get paid 2.2 million a year
Supply and demand. People are prepared to pay the salaries.

Where did you get that average from?
JoshDarnIt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
They're overpaid af tbh
we knnow
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Drewski)
Why are you posting a bs thread that's been done to death and is entirely without merit?

:troll:
its not a bs issue footballers are paid weekly what some people get paid yearly or even a few years for what a bit of entertainment
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Supply and demand. People are prepared to pay the salaries.

Where did you get that average from?
Hmm, it won't let me rep you.
ecolier
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You mean a select few (hundred) footballers, who play at the top leagues, for a few years (10-15 years? at most).

Most footballers will never play anywhere near the top leagues - how many people actually play football, and how many play at the top level?! Just think about it.

It's actually very fair because the football clubs recoup the money in sales and advertising.
ltsmith
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
it's supply and demand. very few people have the skills and ability to become a top level footballer just as very few people have the skills and ability to become a world renown neurosurgeon.
Kallisto
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Because the commercialization in all parts of the world and the numbers of influence investors increased the last decade rapidly. Football is more than merely a sport, it is a business, it is merchandising - and the death of this popular sport.

By the way, I will move it to Football forum, because another football fans would like to discuss to. :yes:
Last edited by Kallisto; 4 weeks ago
Diego Costa
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
its not a bs issue footballers are paid weekly what some people get paid yearly or even a few years for what a bit of entertainment
The television rights were sold for £4.464bn to show PL games. Add in the £5-10m in advertisers/designers paying to be on kits, there's a lot of money floating around.

Where do you think the money should go? To billionaire Arabs and Americans instead?
we knnow
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
maybe to charities or nhs
Kallisto
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Diego Costa)
(...)

Where do you think the money should go? To billionaire Arabs and Americans instead?
Arabians and at least one American I know (Glazer) are investing in football to make profit, they get a piece of cake anyway.
paul514
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

They get paid that because they are worth it to the business.... if they weren’t they wouldn’t.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
pfjjgir
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by paul514)
Tbh I think you are being really stupid.

They get paid that because they are worth it to the business.... if they weren’t they wouldn’t.
Exactly.

This is how capitalism works.

Its crazy how much they get paid but if there is a huge demand for a business that so few have the talent to produce then those few will get loads of money.

Anyway it's not just footballers that get paid loads - It's singers, actors, many celebrities etc.
Bio 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Football shouldn't be worth what it is, it's a boring sport.
paul514
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by pfjjgir)
Exactly.

This is how capitalism works.

Its crazy how much they get paid but if there is a huge demand for a business that so few have the talent to produce then those few will get loads of money.

Anyway it's not just footballers that get paid loads - It's singers, actors, many celebrities etc.
Same for CEO’s you hear people moan like they think the owners want to give away the money to them 😂
awkwardshortguy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Because football clubs themselves have a lot of money to spend, and they are all competing with eachother to get the best players.
Mruczega
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Cuz lots of people watch/pay to watch. They place a lot of effort into what they do so they get paid a lot.
we knnow
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
listen fool im not talking about the talented ones im talking about the average ones that get money from just sitting on the bench even the refs make 100k a year
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
listen fool im not talking about the talented ones im talking about the average ones that get money from just sitting on the bench even the refs make 100k a year
No you're not.
we knnow
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by paul514)
Tbh I think you are being really stupid.

see how nobody rep you oh stupid one just because its a buisness doesent make it right its a broken system
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads