The Student Room Group

IBFE Job Prospects

Just wondering about the post-uni potential of an IBFE (International Business, Finance and Economics) Degree at Manchester University. I will likely get a 2.1 - a 1st, what sort of jobs and entry salaries would I be looking at.

Side Note: I plan to use my base salary - regardless of the job to invest in real estate and the equity market, is that something anyone could tell me about?
Reply 1
Original post by 8o0t0680f68o08
Just wondering about the post-uni potential of an IBFE (International Business, Finance and Economics) Degree at Manchester University. I will likely get a 2.1 - a 1st, what sort of jobs and entry salaries would I be looking at.

Side Note: I plan to use my base salary - regardless of the job to invest in real estate and the equity market, is that something anyone could tell me about?

What sort of jobs are you looking for? In which region of the country? In reality the spread is huge.
Original post by ajj2000
What sort of jobs are you looking for? In which region of the country? In reality the spread is huge.

London Area preferably, I am interested in the business world as a whole, also the finance industry has appealed to me - I like the "fast-paced" business world.
Reply 3
London Area preferably, I am interested in the business world as a whole, also the finance industry has appealed to me - I like the "fast-paced" business world.

Well graduate type salaries in London would vary between £18k - £32k on the whole. The financial services/ banking industry can pay a lot more. Have you done any interships in IB or similar?
Internships no.I’ve only done a one week work experience in Lloyd’s bank - however, this was more of the e-commerce side of banking, I currently do economics, computer science and psychology a level.
Reply 5
Internships no.I’ve only done a one week work experience in Lloyd’s bank - however, this was more of the e-commerce side of banking, I currently do economics, computer science and psychology a level.

Ah, ok - you've not yet started university. Plenty of time. Keep an eye on the different boards under careers and read @Princepieman posts if you want to see what ambitious people looking for top jobs are doing.
Original post by ajj2000
Ah, ok - you've not yet started university. Plenty of time. Keep an eye on the different boards under careers and read @Princepieman posts if you want to see what ambitious people looking for top jobs are doing.

Thanks for that
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest