Should I join Anthony Nolan? Watch

Chloee01
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey!

So I'm currently doing research into the process of collection and donation of stem cells and bone marrow etc. etc. and the idea of being able to be a match and potentially help someone significantly is huge, but I feel incredibly apprehensive (rightly so I suppose).

I was just wondering if anyone had donated or had any experience or advice?

I guess the biggest consideration is the recovery time... my exams are coming up really soon but I don't think I'd be able to turn down the chance to help someone... I'm really divided.

Thank you all so much in advance!
Last edited by Chloee01; 1 week ago
Ellxe259
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sign up ! I've been on the register for two years and I haven't been contacted yet, but you never know !
Donating blood is also a great way to help and recovery time is next to nothing
Chloee01
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ellxe259)
Sign up ! I've been on the register for two years and I haven't been contacted yet, but you never know !
Donating blood is also a great way to help and recovery time is next to nothing
Thank you for your response! I tried to give blood but I don't actually weigh enough for my height to do it 😂 I weigh enough for Anthony Nolan though. I guess I'm just worried about being called up during exams which I recognise is extremely selfish but..
Ellxe259
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Chloee01)
Thank you for your response! I tried to give blood but I don't actually weigh enough for my height to do it 😂 I weigh enough for Anthony Nolan though. I guess I'm just worried about being called up during exams which I recognise is extremely selfish but..
Ahh that sucks, but not much you can do about it unfortunately I’m just on the borderline !
There’s hundreds of thousands of people on the Anthony Nolan register and, not to be rude by any accounts, the chances of you being called up soon are very small.

Don’t feel bad, just sign up after exams
Chloee01
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ellxe259)
Ahh that sucks, but not much you can do about it unfortunately I’m just on the borderline !
There’s hundreds of thousands of people on the Anthony Nolan register and, not to be rude by any accounts, the chances of you being called up soon are very small.

Don’t feel bad, just sign up after exams
Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (36)
12.59%
Yes - a food allergy (32)
11.19%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (9)
3.15%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
3.15%
No (200)
69.93%

Watched Threads