Arthritis at age 16 Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have just been diagnosed with arthritis at only 16 years old. I am so devastated and depressed right now. I had plans to study medicine in the future and I feel like this has all been taken away from me. Can someone with arthritis live a reasonably normal life? Or am I going to have to rethink my future...?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
halsx11
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have just been diagnosed with arthritis at only 16 years old. I am so devastated and depressed right now. I had plans to study medicine in the future and I feel like this has all been taken away from me. Can someone with arthritis live a reasonably normal life? Or am I going to have to rethink my future...?
Oh that’s so sad to hear! A member in my family has arthritis and he goes to work and lives his life like a normal person! Keep on dreaming arthritis can’t stop you from living your future! You can do it just believe in ur self!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Xenobee
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You can live a totally normal life! You might have to accept certain limitations though, such as not being able to do certain sports or taking a lift rather than going up the stairs. Please do not try to continue these things if they are really painful cos it'll just make you sad, however don't let pain stop you from doing the things you want to do in life, just, adapt them slightly to make them easier for you to complete
Decahedron
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What kind of arthritis and how does it affect you currently?

I have hEDS and unfortunately sometimes I do have to accept my limitations. But I still manage to live a relatively normal life for now at least.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (97)
14.9%
Yes - a food allergy (71)
10.91%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (16)
2.46%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (18)
2.76%
No (449)
68.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed