Mental health affecting future job? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey, so, I'm scared to go to the doctors and possibly receive a diagnosis because I'm scared what effect this may have on the job I want to do in the future. I'm thinking of becoming a primary school teacher or something like a therapist - I'm not sure yet. I don't know if this will be possible if I have depression/anxiety etc. Could I still get a job in this field?
hello_shawn
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Having treatment for your mental health is exactly what you'd want your future patients to consider, so do it. Have an experience that you can tell people about
Xenobee
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I think that personally, I would rather receive treatment advice from someone who has gone through the same things as me before, in terms of a therapist. In terms of teaching, you don't have to disclose any information to your employers but regardless of that I have never been refused a job and I always declare myself as having anxiety/depression and other health issues
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
You don't have to disclose any of your medical records if you don't want to. Companies often ask about any medical issues so they can be prepared to make accommodations for your needs, should there be any, if you're offered a role.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (152)
59.14%
No (105)
40.86%

Watched Threads