GCSE options Watch

sparklygal
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
So i’ve started my gsce options process and i’m really stressed. i’ve already chosen triple science, history and spanish but i still have one option left. i was planning on doing sociology but it wasn’t taken off the options. now i want to do health and social care but everyone is warning me against it. any advice about what its like would be really helpful.
lcrabt21
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
It depends what exam boards you are following. In my school health and social care is a BTEC so it is heavy on the course work but there isn't such a stressful exam at the end. If you are willing to put up with the course work you should be ok (if its the BTEC). I enjoy history and am predicted an A when I take my exams in the summer but you have to be good with essay writing and learning key dates and facts. I wish I had taken spanish, I took french and am not doing so well, but most people at my school enjoy it a lot! Triple science is something you need to do a lot of studying in your spare time usually as it is a very fast paced course. I took double science and A-level science is still an option to me, so it is worth considering whether you can take the work load, as if you work really hard in double science you can still take science further usually. Sociology is not offered at my school at GCSE level so I cannot help you much with that one. My advice would be to pick subjects that you enjoy and would enjoy taking further/learning more about. If you aren't prepared to study to get good marks then it isn't worth taking it. Don't feel forced that you are picking your career now as lots of A-levels can be picked up without taking the GCSE. I hope this helps you! <3
sparklygal
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
thank you so much! i know that health and social is good for nursing or midwifery which is some of possible careers but not essential. do you know what the workload on the course is like because i’ve been told it can be really hard to manage and complete. again thanks for you advice.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by sparklygal; 6 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (63)
8.33%
I used to but I don't now (19)
2.51%