University of Nicosia Medical School 2019

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Fintan989
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi just got an offer is anyone else thinking of applying or had an offer???
ryanne45
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hey

I also want to apply to this uni. How excatly did you apply? Do grades matter and is there an entrance exam?
Fintan989
Rep:
?
(Original post by ryanne45)
hey

I also want to apply to this uni. How excatly did you apply? Do grades matter and is there an entrance exam?
I applied through medical doorway which was really helpful as they do all the complicated stuff and I just had to send my predicted grades which have to be ABB or higher there is no entrance exam however you do have to do an online interview.
ryanne45
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks for the reply! Do you have to accept the offer now or can you wait? I have an entrnce exam for my country and I will know the results in August..
Fintan989
Rep:
?
(Original post by ryanne45)
Thanks for the reply! Do you have to accept the offer now or can you wait? I have an entrnce exam for my country and I will know the results in August..
You have to accept the offer.
meghanac
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi

I applied and have an interview in a few weeks. If you don't mind me asking, how did you prepare for the online interview and would you say it's easier compared to Medicine interviews from UK universities?
Also is their offer ABB or your predicted grades?

(Original post by Fintan989)
FosterFiend23
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Heyy, hope this isn’t too late, I just found this thread. The interview was a lot easier than the UK ones and the interviewers were really nice too!! I think they sent a sheet with what they are looking for in the interview, but it is pretty similar to the UK. The admissions lady called me before the interview too to make sure that I knew what they were looking for.

I got an ABB offer about a week ago.

Hope this helps and I hope the interview goes/went well!
(Original post by meghanac)
Hi

I applied and have an interview in a few weeks. If you don't mind me asking, how did you prepare for the online interview and would you say it's easier compared to Medicine interviews from UK universities?
lisa.smith
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
do they ever give out unconditionals ?
(Original post by meghanac)
Hi

John52
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
is anyone deffo doing this course
meghanac
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, thanks for your advice. I got an offer but not sure whether I'm prepared to put up the cash even after the 20% "scholarship". Have you applied for any student loans? The one from the Bank of Cyprus looks promising?

(Original post by FosterFiend23)
Heyy, hope this isn’t too late, I just found this thread. The interview was a lot easier than the UK ones and the interviewers were really nice too!! I think they sent a sheet with what they are looking for in the interview, but it is pretty similar to the UK. The admissions lady called me before the interview too to make sure that I knew what they were looking for.

I got an ABB offer about a week ago.

Hope this helps and I hope the interview goes/went well!
meghanac
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm quite sure they cannot give unconditionals but don't take my word for it (it could be because they have a slightly lower offer of ABB where it's normally AAA in England at least or AAB if your lucky) Hope this helps.
(Original post by lisa.smith)
do they ever give out unconditionals ?
lisa.smith
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Fintan989)
can student finance in england help whilst im at nicosia?
humi.x
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey guys,

I've got an offer for this year too, just wanted to ask if anyone has figured out how they're going to pay the fees?
timtam28
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I've been put on waiting list, but have not officially been given offer yet. they said I will know towards end of June. Kind of nervously waiting :-(.
I'm from AU! :-)
amihm
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
me too.....are you going for MD or MBBS ?
craftywizardboy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
What is the interview like? What questions come up?
timtam28
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by craftywizardboy)
What is the interview like? What questions come up?
The interview is pretty easy tbh. No need to stress.
Questions are similar to MMIs in AU but very straight forward.
Only advise I have is to try and show your passion/drive and reflect on experiences you have and try and show it via the answers and not just give a straight forward answer. E.g medicine is a lifelong learning process. I vividly remember the day when marijuana was only an illegal drug but now its used as a miracle medicine. (U see what im trynna get at?)
And btw, if you are good at bulls**** thats a plus, tho if really know meds the one for you, there will be no need for it.
justlivinglife
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by timtam28)
The interview is pretty easy tbh. No need to stress.
Questions are similar to MMIs in AU but very straight forward.
Only advise I have is to try and show your passion/drive and reflect on experiences you have and try and show it via the answers and not just give a straight forward answer. E.g medicine is a lifelong learning process. I vividly remember the day when marijuana was only an illegal drug but now its used as a miracle medicine. (U see what im trynna get at?)
And btw, if you are good at bulls**** thats a plus, tho if really know meds the one for you, there will be no need for it.
Hiii, I was going to ask about how the interview process too. Good to know it wasn’t too bad
Last edited by justlivinglife; 9 months ago
timtam28
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by justlivinglife)
Hiii, I was going to ask about how the interview process too. Good to know it wasn’t too bad
It really isn't tbh. Just manage your nerves and be as much as 'you', you can possibly be.
They are evaluating your character and not how well you are answering. (Though if you don't answer well then you really aren't expressing your character?)
A helpful tip would be to do a 30 min research on current Medical World and see if you can find something that you can talk about in some of your answers: this can show that you are staying 'relevant/present' . For e.g i talked about Medicinal Cannabis and its booming popularity in amongst of things in providing therapy.
sharkibarki
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi I got an offer from Nicosia for medicine 2019 entry was wondering who else is going And whether you've booked accommodation and bought the books already
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (38)
7.6%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (39)
7.8%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (121)
24.2%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (72)
14.4%
No, nothing has changed (151)
30.2%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (79)
15.8%

Watched Threads