AS + 3 A-Levels or no??? Watch

itz_.vb
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hey, I am currently in year 11, I have kinda chose my subjects which I wanna do next year but I was wondering if I should do an AS aswell. I hav been told 4 A-levels is too much but what about 3 A-levels and 1 AS, is that manageable and worth it?
sophia_ah3
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
No I would say from personal experience it's not worth the extra work and stress of doing another AS. I'm sure you probably could manage the extra one but seeing as universities (if that's what you are aiming for) base their offers on 3 A levels, it would be better to get three really good grades as opposed to 2 great ones and 2 average grades. Obviously it's your choice though and I'm not saying people can't manage it, I just think that if you want a life during sixth form stick to 3, that's hard enough.
Zasty
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
depends on whether you enjoy life or not
remussjhj01
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I do sociology AS at the moment, and whilst it will be different depending what you do, I've found it really easy. I only do it alongside two qualification, but I reckon it'd be okay alongside 3. I would recommend either taking it across the 2 years (so there's less work) or getting it over and done with in the 1st year. Your second year will be stressful as hell, no matter what subjects you do. If you don't spread it over two years, it will be lots of work in that 1st year, like do 4 a-levels, so bear that in mind
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (50)
9.47%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.65%
No, but I want to start (189)
35.8%
No, I am unable to (123)
23.3%
No, I chose not to (152)
28.79%