In an ideal course of events, May resigns amidst Brexit deadlock, triggering a Genera Watch

james.clk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Cross-party discussions have uncovered Corbyn's proposals as more viable for the U.K, maintaining trading relations, escaping EU jurisdiction whilst ensuring dynamic alignment, this honours the result of the referendum, makes our £40bn more worthwhile, and moreover has been branded as 'promising' by the EU.

I'm no fan of Corbyn, however May has proved to be hopeless in the negotiations, I'm sure the public would be more content leaving on WTO terms rather than the current soft-Brexit Limbo on the table!
james.clk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8767931.html
paul514
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by james.clk)
Cross-party discussions have uncovered Corbyn's proposals as more viable for the U.K, maintaining trading relations, escaping EU jurisdiction whilst ensuring dynamic alignment, this honours the result of the referendum, makes our £40bn more worthwhile, and moreover has been branded as 'promising' by the EU.

I'm no fan of Corbyn, however May has proved to be hopeless in the negotiations, I'm sure the public would be more content leaving on WTO terms rather than the current soft-Brexit Limbo on the table!
I’m confused, what are you saying you appear to condemn and support the same position.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Fullofsurprises
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by james.clk)

She's only 'hopeless in the negotiations' because a large section of her backbenchers are deluded and think that a hard Brexit is what they want. They don't even think it will be good for the country (they use phrases like 'painful medicine' or 'shock therapy' - they got this approach from Thatcherism) but they know it will be good for the disaster hedge funds and offshore finances that they have control over. Theresa cares more about the Tory Party than about Britain and more about staying in office than a good Brexit and she cares more about their profiteering than our wellbeing.

Welcome to the early twenty-first century. :cry2:
ColinDent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
She's only 'hopeless in the negotiations' because a large section of her backbenchers are deluded and think that a hard Brexit is what they want. They don't even think it will be good for the country (they use phrases like 'painful medicine' or 'shock therapy' - they got this approach from Thatcherism) but they know it will be good for the disaster hedge funds and offshore finances that they have control over. Theresa cares more about the Tory Party than about Britain and more about staying in office than a good Brexit and she cares more about their profiteering than our wellbeing.

Welcome to the early twenty-first century. :cry2:
Or because she's had an arch remainer in charge of the negotiations for a large proportion of the talks, on top of which parliament has tried at every turn to hand advantages to Brussels.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ColinDent)
Or because she's had an arch remainer in charge of the negotiations for a large proportion of the talks, on top of which parliament has tried at every turn to hand advantages to Brussels.
It's more like she used to be a Remainer, but now she's completely resigned. And it will be only a matter of time before she does.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It's more like she used to be a Remainer, but now she's completely resigned. And it will be only a matter of time before she does.
Oh yes, I think her eventual resignation is inevitable.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
they know the condom has split but they won't stop ****ing

:emo:
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by ColinDent)
Oh yes, I think her eventual resignation is inevitable.
She might announce her position to be untenable next week, leaving it open for Boris to prove he can do better, lulz.
paul514
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
She might announce her position to be untenable next week, leaving it open for Boris to prove he can do better, lulz.
She won’t
Dez
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
He'll probably worm his way out of it (again). Wonder what will happen if the Tories run a leadership contest and no-one stands?
paul514
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Dez)
He'll probably worm his way out of it (again). Wonder what will happen if the Tories run a leadership contest and no-one stands?
What a waste of time it is wondering that, there would always been people who want to.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Dez)
A shoo-in for Rees-Mogg? :lol:

They are like the senior officers of the Titanic squabbling over who should sit at the head of table in the banquet; meanwhile, strange grinding noises are coming from the hull....
TomBomo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
WTO is the default that happens if no deal is achieved by the end of March.

Corbyn's policies are irrelevant as he is unable to win an election. Even the majority of his own MPs agree that he is unsuitable to be Prime Minister.
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Eh? Corbyn wants to stay in the customs union. This ties us to Europe and their legislation. From a Brexit point of view, it is worse than May's deal.
TheStupidMoon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by TomBomo)
Corbyn's policies are irrelevant as he is unable to win an election. Even the majority of his own MPs agree that he is unsuitable to be Prime Minister.
Traitors !! Off with their heads!
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
Eh? Corbyn wants to stay in the customs union. This ties us to Europe and their legislation. From a Brexit point of view, it is worse than May's deal.
Yep, it's a ridiculous demand and one that won't help him with his dream of renationalising all those companies.
Labour will not get my vote again until after we've left ( in case of a snap election if everything breaks down) and that clown is returned to the back benches where he's best suited.
Btw you could bet your bottom dollar that he would have openly campaigned to leave had he not been party leader at the time, so much for his much vaunted principles.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (83)
58.87%
No (58)
41.13%

Watched Threads