Advice for choosing final option if I want to go into medicine?? Watch

r-n1569
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, I'm in year 9 and I'm choosing my GCSE options right now. I plan to be a GP or doctor of some kind, so I definitely would like to go down the medicine route. I'm struggling to choosing my final option.At the moment, I've chosen :- Add Maths-Chinese-Triple Science-Geography-_________I need one more but I don't know if i need a technology or creative art or if taking another humanities subject will help. For the final subject, I'm torn between Drama, Music, Food Tech or Philosophy and Ethics. I also would like to know which of these are easier to pass, less stressful and fun. Will not taking a subject from a curriculum area limit me in any way? Do universities want specific GCSEs? Thank you, any advice appreciated
Amzzzzzxoxo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by r-n1569)
Hi, I'm in year 9 and I'm choosing my GCSE options right now. I plan to be a GP or doctor of some kind, so I definitely would like to go down the medicine route. I'm struggling to choosing my final option.At the moment, I've chosen :- Add Maths-Chinese-Triple Science-Geography-_________I need one more but I don't know if i need a technology or creative art or if taking another humanities subject will help. For the final subject, I'm torn between Drama, Music, Food Tech or Philosophy and Ethics. I also would like to know which of these are easier to pass, less stressful and fun. Will not taking a subject from a curriculum area limit me in any way? Do universities want specific GCSEs? Thank you, any advice appreciated
Hey! i would recommend taking a subject that you enjoy for your final one, because let's be honest: gcses aren't THAT important. Also, i reckon that you've already got all the ones you need to go into medicine under your belt. Good luck!
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Take what you will enjoy most.
Your GCSE's aren't that important as to what you choose. What you choose at A-level will matter more
GreenCub
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What's most important for medicine is chemistry and biology A levels, and a third science/maths A level would be useful.

Your GCSE options are of little to no importance, especially considering the list you gave, so just pick whatever you enjoy most.
r-n1569
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by GreenCub)
What's most important for medicine is chemistry and biology A levels, and a third science/maths A level would be useful.

Your GCSE options are of little to no importance, especially considering the list you gave, so just pick whatever you enjoy most.
(Original post by AzureCeleste)
Take what you will enjoy most.
Your GCSE's aren't that important as to what you choose. What you choose at A-level will matter more
(Original post by Amzzzzzxoxo)
Hey! i would recommend taking a subject that you enjoy for your final one, because let's be honest: gcses aren't THAT important. Also, i reckon that you've already got all the ones you need to go into medicine under your belt. Good luck!
thanks aha, i think i'm going to go with something fun and stressfree
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (81)
14.16%
Yes - a food allergy (60)
10.49%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (15)
2.62%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (15)
2.62%
No (401)
70.1%

Watched Threads