Mum Doesn’t Trust Me Watch

CharlotteMarsh01
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Earlier today I went out with a few friends and got on a bus, the man beside me got up to leave and left a packet of cigarettes on the seat. I picked them up because I’m a generally fussy person I don’t like to see rubbish anywhere, and noticed there was one cigarette left, but didn’t think much of it. I put the packet in my pocket in order to place into a bin as soon as we got off, but I completely forgot they were there. When I got home I emptied my pockets and my mum noticed the packet, as one would expect she got upset. But I’m a very “good” child, I don’t go behind my mothers back and do stuff, and I’ve never once touched a cigarette in my life. I explained thoroughly what happened, but she didn’t believe me. At 17 years old and the fact I’ve never done anything bad in my life, it hurts me to know she doesn’t believe me when I’m telling the blatant truth. She keeps making digs saying “you’re not going to be able to afford a new phone with the amount you’re spending on cigarettes” and it’s bugging me because I’m innocent. What should I do?
Qup
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Just cry in front of your mum and she will feel guilty and will cease this insanity.
FailedMyMocks
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Qup)
Just cry in front of your mum and she will feel guilty and will cease this insanity.
What kind of advice is this?

OP It's unfortunate to not have parents that trust you and ultimately there is nothing you can do if they don't believe you. Funny thing is strict parents raise resentful children who do bad out of rebellion. I'm glad you're not one of them.
Qup
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by FailedMyMocks)
What kind of advice is this?

OP It's unfortunate to not have parents that trust you and ultimately there is nothing you can do if they don't believe you. Funny thing is strict parents raise resentful children who do bad out of rebellion. I'm glad you're not one of them.
A lazy one, but it does work.

OP, ask your mum to stop again. If she refuses, then just tolerate it for now until it becomes far too much. Your mum is trying to get a reaction out of you because she feels that you have acted in a way that contradicts her expectations of you, which she has developed by believing that you only act in the way he idealises you as acting. If things do get worse, then call someone to talk to your mum, or stay at a friends place for sometime.
Awais Ahsan
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Why do you need to prove yourself to her? If it's that important to you, just make her smell your breath. If she can't smell any cigarette then you haven't smoked it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (42)
11.93%
Yes - a food allergy (39)
11.08%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (11)
3.13%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
2.56%
No (251)
71.31%

Watched Threads