Post travel depression Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I recently came back from my first ever travels which was over 2 weeks. It’s the first time I’ve ever left my home town. At the age of 20. But ever since returning back I’ve been so depressed and down. I’ve returned back to work and I just want to leave again and this time for good. I never want to return, I just have this urge to travel forever (which I know is impossible!). I get really sad on my way to work as I think about the weeks spent abroad. No worries, no cares in the world. Just exploring. Coming back to the routine has exhausted me I don’t know if I can go on for any longer. But I need my job for money. I hate that my job only allows me 3 weeks in the whole year for a holiday. I not want but need to leave to get over this feeling. Looking back at pictures and videos takes me back to such a happy time. Has anyone gone through this? How do you get over it?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I recently came back from my first ever travels which was over 2 weeks. It’s the first time I’ve ever left my home town. At the age of 20. But ever since returning back I’ve been so depressed and down. I’ve returned back to work and I just want to leave again and this time for good. I never want to return, I just have this urge to travel forever (which I know is impossible!). I get really sad on my way to work as I think about the weeks spent abroad. No worries, no cares in the world. Just exploring. Coming back to the routine has exhausted me I don’t know if I can go on for any longer. But I need my job for money. I hate that my job only allows me 3 weeks in the whole year for a holiday. I not want but need to leave to get over this feeling. Looking back at pictures and videos takes me back to such a happy time. Has anyone gone through this? How do you get over it?
Work hard save up and then find a new job to begin in x months. use your savings and the inbetween time to go travelling for 3-6 months.

Post travel depression is common, go and talk to the travel forums on trip advisor. They cna tell you what they do. Tbf it was only 2 weeks, focus on how you are going to get the money to do it again for longer.
Sonja_f
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Most of is het post holiday blues, we remember the laughs, beach the people and culture I'm sure I'm not the only one who says "this time last week" lol I agree It seems like you got the travel bug, plan a trip look at potential work abroad or go travelling with friends. work to save and go, most full time jobs give 20 days holiday so maybe start to look for something else, it maybe that it's this that is making you feel like you need to escape.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (217)
59.94%
No (145)
40.06%

Watched Threads