33 year old co worker hitting on me (I’m 18) Watch

SerenaBass1996
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey guys
So basically a guy I work with whose 33 keeps hitting on me and telling me I’m pretty and that he wants to take me out on a date. He told my friend he really likes me a lot however whilst I’m flattered i find it really creepy. He always looks at me like I’m a piece of meat and makes inappropriate sexual references around me. I know I’m a legal adult but 33 and 18 surely is gross I’m not attracted to older men like that and I’ve **** him down loads but it’s just making me really uncomfortable now. The worst part is that I’m not one of these girls who look grown up and mature for their age I literally look 14/15 plus I don’t have any “womanly curves” so I don’t get why he is attracted to me. He makes me feel kinda creeped out and idk what to do. Surely this is wrong ?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
LawSolutions
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by SerenaBass1996)
Hey guys
So basically a guy I work with whose 33 keeps hitting on me and telling me I’m pretty and that he wants to take me out on a date. He told my friend he really likes me a lot however whilst I’m flattered i find it really creepy. He always looks at me like I’m a piece of meat and makes inappropriate sexual references around me. I know I’m a legal adult but 33 and 18 surely is gross I’m not attracted to older men like that and I’ve **** him down loads but it’s just making me really uncomfortable now. The worst part is that I’m not one of these girls who look grown up and mature for their age I literally look 14/15 plus I don’t have any “womanly curves” so I don’t get why he is attracted to me. He makes me feel kinda creeped out and idk what to do. Surely this is wrong ?
Say what you just typed, but to him. Tell him it is creeping you out, it makes you uncomfortable, and that you are not interested
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey guys
So, if you're so uncomfortable about the situation why did you use your own name to talk about it? Surely you wouldn't want to be identified?!?!?
SerenaBass1996
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by ageshallnot)
So, if you're so uncomfortable about the situation why did you use your own name to talk about it? Surely you wouldn't want to be identified?!?!?
It’s not my real name
karl pilkington
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It's not that creepy you are both adults 18 years old is pretty old you are a grown adult woman.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
Hey guys
I would stay well clear of him - from experience, if a man makes you feel incomfortable, there is something not right about the situation. Is there any way you could speak to you a manager and ask them to give you duties that wouldn't involve working with him?
Johndoeskitty
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by karl pilkington)
It's not that creepy you are both adults 18 years old is pretty old you are a grown adult woman.
LMAO nope
18 year olds are legal adults but do you even remember what you were like at that age, the mentality is so much more different than a 33 year old.
A dude in his 30s obviously has issues settling down/attracting women his own age so he targets younger girls. That is very creepy
modifiedgenes
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
There is nothing creepy about it whatsoever. Age is just a number. I was never very mature when I was 25, yet I have met people who did some astonishing things at 18 I could not have done at that age.

You aren't interested in the guys attentions. Make that plain to him and tell him the sexual references need to stop, or you will report him. That is unacceptable in any modern workplace.
YaliaV
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Regardless of age, his behaviour is creepy. The age thing adds to it.

You should tell him to stop making remarks - be polite, but firm. If you don’t feel comfortable doing that, then tell him you have a boyfriend. Tell him you will report him if he doesn’t stop.
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Report 1 week ago
Just ask him to stop and say you arent interested and its making you feel uncomfortable. You arent going to ask again. If he doesnt then report him.

ps i dont find the age thing creepy, maybe a bit inappropriate. No person should have to put up with unwanted attention and the point here he seems to think its acceptable. If you laugh it off he will continue, hence you need to get across the idea its not acceptable and you will report him. If you dont want to go direct to a manager then ask one of the more experienced workers to have a word with him.

His defence will be its no harm/ banter or you encouraged him. hence the need to be clear.
Last edited by 999tigger; 1 week ago
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey guys

Creepy?

name any other species of Mammal where an unattached Adult male will turn his nose up at an Adult female of high reproductive value

It does not happen.

You an Adult now. Welcome to the real world Ms.
bones-mccoy
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Although that's a big age gap, it's not the problem here. That sort of predatory behaviour would be awful coming from anyone, regardless of their age it's just worse in this situation considering how you've described your body type as only making you look a bit younger (so a child) rather than your actual age or even older.

If you don't feel comfortable talking to him directly, which would be understandable, speak to a supervisor/manager you trust and ask if you can be given tasks which don't mean you're spending an extended amount of time with this guy. If that's not possible, ask if you can have opposing shifts.
Last edited by bones-mccoy; 1 week ago
karl pilkington
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Johndoeskitty)
LMAO nope
18 year olds are legal adults but do you even remember what you were like at that age, the mentality is so much more different than a 33 year old.
A dude in his 30s obviously has issues settling down/attracting women his own age so he targets younger girls. That is very creepy
18-year-olds are more attractive and youthful looking some guys prefer that age group even if they can get women their own age. It is a bit inappropriate but not 'very creepy'.
YaliaV
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ANM775)
Creepy?

name any other species of Mammal where an unattached Adult male will turn his nose up at an Adult female of high reproductive value

It does not happen.

You an Adult now. Welcome to the real world Ms.
How romantic.

If I’m at work, then I don’t expect sexual innuendos. There’s a difference between harmless flirting and making someone feel uncomfortable. There is also a power imbalance between someone is more more mature and someone who is barely out of school. His behaviour is inappropriate.

I’m in my 30s and I wouldn’t make a teenager feel uncomfortable like that. He is being creepy.
xDron3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What? Why are people talking about the age? It's irrelevant.

Speak to HR or your manager immediately. They've got a duty to protect you from this as it's a professional work environment where you shouldn't feel threatened.
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Johndoeskitty)
what exactly do you expect a guy in his 30's to do if there are issues attracting women his own age?
turn gay and date men his own age to be more politically correct?

I am exactly the same age as the guy named in the OP. Heck, maybe it's me!? [joking..lol]
But as a 33 year old guy who routinely gets mistaken for a lot younger than his age [typically 22-25]. (Although two seperate people at my new workplace thought I was 19/20) ... I would say attracting a good looking 33 year old woman is a lot harder than attracting an 18 year old.

The last woman I kissed in a club was the same age as me near enough(just one year older)
and you would not beleive that amount of sh*t I got about my age [she thought I was 22], In the end I walked away from her cause she kept acting funny over it [even after we kissed]

So yes, as a 33 year old guy I will target younger girls [If she looks 25 or older than I don't tend to approach them as I get too much sh*t about my age]
and nah, I won't feel bad approaching younger girls either. I'm not turning gay and approaching blokes my own age because it's more politically correct.
PurplePineapple4
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
He's a pedophile. Report him, idiot.
Violet Femme
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Why do some men find it so hard to accept when a woman says a man is creepy that the man is in fact creepy?

Some men give out really bad vibes and we pick up on them. They simply don’t understand how to talk to or approach women without making us feel uncomfortable.

It is worth learning how not to be a creep, otherwise you'll also end up as a 33 year old loser desperately trying to pick up co-workers.
karl pilkington
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Violet Femme)
Why do some men find it so hard to accept when a woman says a man is creepy that the man is in fact creepy?

Some men give out really bad vibes and we pick up on them. They simply don’t understand how to talk to or approach women without making us feel uncomfortable.

It is worth learning how not to be a creep, otherwise you'll also end up as a 33 year old loser desperately trying to pick up co-workers.
Because the word creep and pervert are often used to describe any red-blooded male who has a healthy interest in the opposite sex. Also it is also often used because she is not attracted to the guy if he was very tall and good looking she wouldn't label him as a 'creep'. It is kind of a sexist word which has no female equivalent.
Violet Femme
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Because the word creep and pervert are often used to describe any red-blooded male who has a healthy interest in the opposite sex. Also it is also often used because she is not attracted to the guy if he was very tall and good looking she wouldn't label him as a 'creep'. It is kind of a sexist word which has no female equivalent.
You simply aren't getting it.

It is not a word used to describe any red-blooded male with a healthy interest in the opposite sex. It is used to describe a man who makes us feel uncomfortable.

The OP states this guy was making inappropriate sexual references. Are you so dim and naive that you do not understand why this is not an appropriate way to behave towards work colleagues?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (220)
59.95%
No (147)
40.05%

Watched Threads