anxiety and homeschooling Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
hi i’m in year 11 and i have social anxiety. i am currently doing my gcse’s but i cannot take it anymore. i hate school so much, my anxiety really gets me down. i feel so lonely at school, i can’t make friends and i can’t talk to new people, it’s very horrible for me. i’d rather not be there at all even though i have been for 5 years. it’s got to a pint where i can’t go anymore. i really want to be homeschooled but i can’t find any course that aren’t really expensive because i know my family can’t afford excessive amounts. i really wish i had someone to talk to about this but i don’t snd i feel really lonely and it’s really stressing me out. i have got to a point where i just want to give up and not go to school anymore, but i know my parents will catch on that i am not “ill” and they will get in trouble for my attendance, which i really don’t want! does anyone have any tips on my anxiety and any ideas of cheap homeschooling options?? thankyou in advance!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
hi i’m in year 11 and i have social anxiety. i am currently doing my gcse’s but i cannot take it anymore. i hate school so much, my anxiety really gets me down. i feel so lonely at school, i can’t make friends and i can’t talk to new people, it’s very horrible for me. i’d rather not be there at all even though i have been for 5 years. it’s got to a pint where i can’t go anymore. i really want to be homeschooled but i can’t find any course that aren’t really expensive because i know my family can’t afford excessive amounts. i really wish i had someone to talk to about this but i don’t snd i feel really lonely and it’s really stressing me out. i have got to a point where i just want to give up and not go to school anymore, but i know my parents will catch on that i am not “ill” and they will get in trouble for my attendance, which i really don’t want! does anyone have any tips on my anxiety and any ideas of cheap homeschooling options?? thankyou in advance!
Are you seeing the GP about it? You need to see a counsellor so you can learn some techniques to reduce and cope. The sad thing about anxiety is that all the things you worry about dont actually matter and other people wouldnt notice. Learning that most things arent worrying about would lessen your burden.

0. Childline 0800 1111
1. Samaritans 116 123
2. https://kooth.com/ Online counselling
3.https://www.nopanic.org.uk/no-panic-youth-hub/
https://www.anxietyuk.org.uk/get-help/

Try the no panic/ anxiety uk forums and also their helplines.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (212)
59.89%
No (142)
40.11%

Watched Threads