Uni choices Watch

bunny2510
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have been accepted by all of my uni choices for an undergraduate degree in Clinical Psychology however I am unable to attend open days and am unsure as to what criteria to use when selecting. I am seeking any advice on what info to use and what Uni's would you recommend.

I apologise if I started the discussion wrong... I am not used to chat forums...Thanks
byeongkwans
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If you want to be a chartered psychologist in the future (like a clinical, educational or forensic psychologist etc.) you need to make sure your undergraduate degree is accredited by the BPS (British psychological society) in order to be able to practice.

Which unis did you apply for? I’d say look at the module overviews and see which course has the content that’s most appealing to you. Student reviews on whatuni might also be helpful to look at!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
bunny2510
Rep:
?
(Original post by chooseanother)
If you want to be a chartered psychologist in the future (like a clinical, educational or forensic psychologist etc.) you need to make sure your undergraduate degree is accredited by the BPS (British psychological society) in order to be able to practice.

Which unis did you apply for? I’d say look at the module overviews and see which course has the content that’s most appealing to you. Student reviews on whatuni might also be helpful to look at!
I applied for Bangor University, Central Lancanshire, University of East London, Angila Ruskin and worcester. Thanks for the advice... I have looked at the student reviews of some of the courses but they don't quite tell me what I want to know... also they might be biased.
ARUOfficial
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by bunny2510)
I applied for Bangor University, Central Lancanshire, University of East London, Angila Ruskin and worcester. Thanks for the advice... I have looked at the student reviews of some of the courses but they don't quite tell me what I want to know... also they might be biased.
Hi bunny2510

Congratulations on all your acceptances!

If you are unable to make our next Open Day at ARU, (Sat 27 April), we can look at arranging a chat with the course leader for our BSc Psychology with Clinical Psychology course, which is accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS).

When comparing courses, to be BPS accredited, the course has to cover set information, meaning that most accredited Psychology and Clinical Psychology courses will be very similar in content. What really makes our course stand out, are the additional extras gained, the support throughout your studies, and the value that our teaching academics currently practising in clinical or other psychology settings, bring. Being research-active, actively maintains their knowledge and skills.

There are many careers where a degree in Psychology can help, through the analytical skills you gain, but if it is the Clinical Psychologist route you are most interested in, then looking at institutions with opportunities to study at a postgraduate level is most valuable. At ARU we offer the MSc Foundations in Clinical Psychology and MSc Cognitive and Clinical Neuroscience PG courses, which support entry to Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (or equivalent).

Hopefully this is a helpful introduction, and please contact me if you’d like to arrange to speak to a course leader.
Emma
bunny2510
Rep:
?
I have been accepted by all of my uni choices for an undergraduate degree in Clinical Psychology however I am unable to attend open days and am unsure as to what criteria to use when selecting. I am seeking any advice on what info to use and what Uni's would you recommend.

I apologise if I started the discussion wrong... I am not used to chat forums...Thanks
Building on this I would like to know if there is any way of seeing an example of a Bsc Clinical Psychology lecture from these universities online.
ARUOfficial
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Building on this I would like to know if there is any way of seeing an example of a Bsc Clinical Psychology lecture from these universities online.
Hi bunny2510

We don't have any lectures, but have a Psychology video that can help. The best option I can offer you at this stage would be to take the chance to talk to an ARU course leader.

Hope this helps
Emma

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWQfeMuvJLk
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (36)
12.41%
Yes - a food allergy (33)
11.38%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (9)
3.1%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
3.1%
No (203)
70%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed