Advice for a youngster Watch

ItsJules
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Is £700/$700 a month good for me?
I currently study and also balance a part time job. I make a little of $700 a month and I was just wondering if that’s good for a teenager?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
That's over 8 grand a year! What kinda part time job are you working?!
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
That's over 8 grand a year! What kinda part time job are you working?!
Right?! genuinely interested
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
ItsJules
Rep:
?
In a grocery store. Just the typical job a teen could get I guess lol. By the way I can’t tell if your being sarcastic lol is $700 good? Thanks for the reply (Original post by Anonymous)That's over 8 grand a year! What kinda part time job are you working?!
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
Erm, yeah that's good! I don't have a job, but all the ones I've applied for (part time) I would have been lucky to make £150 - £200 a month. I dunno what grocery store you work at, but either you're working huge hours or they pay really well!
IWMTom
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
OP is American by the sounds of it, so closer to £500 GBP - still somewhat impressive.
ItsJules
Rep:
?
Ok thanks for the response bro,btw it’s a Sainsburys super store and I do 18 hours a week. (Original post by Anonymous)Erm, yeah that's good! I don't have a job, but all the ones I've applied for (part time) I would have been lucky to make £150 - £200 a month. I dunno what grocery store you work at, but either you're working huge hours or they pay really well!
ItsJules
Rep:
?
(Original post by IWMTom)
OP is American by the sounds of it, so closer to £500 GBP - still somewhat impressive.
Sainsbury’s superstore 👍🏼
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ItsJules)
Ok thanks for the response bro,btw it’s a Sainsburys super store and I do 18 hours a week. (Original post by Anonymous)Erm, yeah that's good! I don't have a job, but all the ones I've applied for (part time) I would have been lucky to make £150 - £200 a month. I dunno what grocery store you work at, but either you're working huge hours or they pay really well!
That works out at roughly £9.70 an hour. That's well above minimum wage! Damn, I ought to try and get a job at Sainsbury's!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
ItsJules
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
That works out at roughly £9.70 an hour. That's well above minimum wage! Damn, I ought to try and get a job at Sainsbury's!
Definitely it’s pretty good to start any career
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (81)
14.16%
Yes - a food allergy (60)
10.49%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (15)
2.62%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (15)
2.62%
No (401)
70.1%

Watched Threads