Asking Previous Teachers For Help? Watch

strangledleaf
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have a science teacher at school who I'm (appropriately!) quite close to. He used to be my science teacher for three consecutive years, by pure coincidence, and sparked my interest in science. Last year, I dealt with some mental health issues, and I talked to him about them; he was patient and listened. We still talk quite often at lunchtimes, but this year he isn't my science teacher anymore.
He used to send me practice questions last year to help me out, and he said that even though he isn't my teacher this year he'd be happy to help me answer any questions as I prefer the way he explains things (compared to my current science teacher).

I'd like to email him again to ask him to send me a few practice questions, but I feel a bit weird as he isn't my teacher anymore, like I might be a bit of a burden asking for more work. Do you think it's still appropriate to ask him if he doesn't teach me anymore?
Emma:-)
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by strangledleaf)
I have a science teacher at school who I'm (appropriately!) quite close to. He used to be my science teacher for three consecutive years, by pure coincidence, and sparked my interest in science. Last year, I dealt with some mental health issues, and I talked to him about them; he was patient and listened. We still talk quite often at lunchtimes, but this year he isn't my science teacher anymore.
He used to send me practice questions last year to help me out, and he said that even though he isn't my teacher this year he'd be happy to help me answer any questions as I prefer the way he explains things (compared to my current science teacher).

I'd like to email him again to ask him to send me a few practice questions, but I feel a bit weird as he isn't my teacher anymore, like I might be a bit of a burden asking for more work. Do you think it's still appropriate to ask him if he doesn't teach me anymore?
If he has said he would be happy to help/assist you then yes, you can ask him if you need it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (81)
14.16%
Yes - a food allergy (60)
10.49%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (15)
2.62%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (15)
2.62%
No (401)
70.1%

Watched Threads