Leave if you don't like it.
No, your the one fueling this arguement
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Theyre already millionaires if not billionaires.
Just out of curiosity, who's a billionaire recording artist?
Acsel
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thats. Not. The. Point.
Why is it a terrible idea? Theyre already millionaires if not billionaires.
I wasn't aware you were unable to make more money after a certain threshold. And I'm pretty sure there's a reason these people are millionaires (instead of poor people complaining about ticket prices).

Do you actually have a legitimate argument for why they shouldn't charge what they like? Because "they're already rich" and "why should they charge too much" are not arguments. They're the complaints of someone who has a negative relationship with money.
Acsel
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
every time I post on here I end up fighting off wolves. Thank god im anonymous.
Does that not tell you that you're the issue here then, if it keeps happening? As I've said before, you are abusing the anonymous function. It's not something for you to hide behind.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Acsel)
I wasn't aware you were unable to make more money after a certain threshold. And I'm pretty sure there's a reason these people are millionaires (instead of poor people complaining about ticket prices).

Do you actually have a legitimate argument for why they shouldn't charge what they like? Because "they're already rich" and "why should they charge too much" are not arguments. They're the complaints of someone who has a negative relationship with money.
Because with wealth comes responsibility.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Acsel)
Does that not tell you that you're the issue here then, if it keeps happening? As I've said before, you are abusing the anonymous function. It's not something for you to hide behind.
Youre not a mod, what is it to you?
chelseagirl2002
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It allows rationing.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by chelseagirl2002)
It allows rationing.
So concerts are just for the wealthy.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I wasnt targeting him in particular, it was just an example.
Okay well I think your point has been disproven, theres probably only 2 or 3 billionaire musicians and I'm sure the money made touring really does nothing for their wallet. I've not heard of any artists charging face value tickets for the prices you've said. you seem to be unable to find it too, you're either looking at secondary sale tickets or meant to say £100 instead of £500.
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Acsel)

But the thing is they dont even charge much... Face value tickets are very very reasonable
Acsel
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Charging money for tickets isn't irresponsible. Try again.

Youre not a mod, what is it to you?
Because funnily enough you don't have to be a mod to call people out for breaking the rules
Bio 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
They don’t have a responsibility to charge nothing for their tickets. Nobody has that responsibility.

If you can’t afford to pay what they ask then don’t buy it, simple. There is no point complaining on here and fuelling the argument because you think it isn’t fair. Life isn’t supposed to be fair, if you can’t handle that then you should try and get help or you will forever face problems.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Bio 7)
They don’t have a responsibility to charge nothing for their tickets. Nobody has that responsibility.

If you can’t afford to pay what they ask then don’t buy it, simple. There is no point complaining on here and fuelling the argument because you think it isn’t fair. Life isn’t supposed to be fair, if you can’t handle that then you should try and get help or you will forever face problems.
Its suposed to be a debate. You cant tell me to shut uo just because you dont like the topic.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Acsel)
Charging money for tickets isn't irresponsible. Try again.

Because funnily enough you don't have to be a mod to call people out for breaking the rules
Get a life.
Bio 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Its suposed to be a debate. You cant tell me to shut uo just because you dont like the topic.
But it isn’t a debate. It’s you moaning about something being unfair when it actually isn’t a problem.

Also your attitude to others on here, which has been pointed out to you before.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Andrew97
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What do you want to do? Make it free of charge?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Bio 7)
But it isn’t a debate. It’s you moaning about something being unfair when it actually isn’t a problem.

Also your attitude to others on here, which has been pointed out to you before.
If life is unfair as you said then the issue is with society not with me for pointing it out.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Andrew97)
What do you want to do? Make it free of charge?
Id settle for cheaper.
Moments
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Ticket price has to cover a lot of things like the venue, staff, security, flights/hotel for the performer and their entourage.

Once you have covered your operating costs the Record label takes a nice chunk, agents take a nice chunk, government taxes a nice chunk. When all is said and done, not much of it actually goes to the performer.

(Concert tickets for popular performers also very price inelastic, but that is getting into an economics debate)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (74)
13.73%
Yes - a food allergy (58)
10.76%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (15)
2.78%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (15)
2.78%
No (377)
69.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise