Nation-wide problem Watch

HazzaGT1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi. I am a year 13 student predicted a B in maths. Currently on a E/U depending, highest has been a D. Pretty much, the 3 classes at my college are mostly failing with a few exceptions. Basically, my Y1 teacher was shocking and couldn't teach A-level. So currently we know no year 1 content. Receiving no help either from the maths department. All in all, i have started this as i want to reach out to people, and see how, throughout the country, students are doing, as starting to get slightly worried. So wanted to know how people are finding it and if the struggle is for most maths students.

Thanks,
H
casperyc
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Nation-wide problem???
HazzaGT1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Yeah I really couldn’t think of a title, and if a lot of people are stuggling etc( which the discussion is to find out) then it would actually be a nation wide problem surely
Anonymous1502
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by HazzaGT1)
Yeah I really couldn’t think of a title, and if a lot of people are stuggling etc( which the discussion is to find out) then it would actually be a nation wide problem surely
I can definitely relate the chemistry department is so crap that most except a few are receiving U,D.The teacher just talks a lot makes no notes does no exam practice and just shouts at people because no one likes her subject and is being negative (we are just being realistic that at this rate we won't even pass the a level).

The maths teacher is way too fast and Is too busy focusing on those with A* potential and everyone else who has no A* potential and are literally failing the course she doesn't really care about them and just tells them in the other class people also failed and when you are behind and ask for help she doesn't want to help and just says ok.
Last edited by Anonymous1502; 1 week ago
BuryMathsTutor
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by HazzaGT1)
Hi. I am a year 13 student predicted a B in maths. Currently on a E/U depending, highest has been a D. Pretty much, the 3 classes at my college are mostly failing with a few exceptions. Basically, my Y1 teacher was shocking and couldn't teach A-level. So currently we know no year 1 content. Receiving no help either from the maths department. All in all, i have started this as i want to reach out to people, and see how, throughout the country, students are doing, as starting to get slightly worried. So wanted to know how people are finding it and if the struggle is for most maths students.

Thanks,
H
I think you will have get the books and teach yourself. If you're struggling to understand something or answer a question, post here. Plenty of people who can teach A level are ready to help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (36)
12.68%
Yes - a food allergy (32)
11.27%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (9)
3.17%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
3.17%
No (198)
69.72%

Watched Threads