University Watch

Cbizzer
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So basically I’m year 12 but I’m supposed to be year 13. I’m currently doing AS Levels and I was wondering If any university would take me with 3 AS levels?
sammyj97
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I got accepted with 10 AS levels.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Cbizzer
Rep:
?
(Original post by sammyj97)
I got accepted with 10 AS levels.
Serious? Do you reckon a uni will offer a course with a foundation year with 3 AS Levels?
sammyj97
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Cbizzer)
Serious? Do you reckon a uni will offer a course with a foundation year with 3 AS Levels?
Yeah... well 8 and an access to HE course. I really doubt you’ll get in with just 3. My best advice would be to contact universities and ask. Did you drop out after AS or are you thinking of dropping out?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Cbizzer
Rep:
?
Yeah... well 8 and an access to HE course. I really doubt you’ll get in with just 3. My best advice would be to contact universities and ask. Did you drop out after AS or are you thinking of dropping out?
Last year I was doing a linear course but I left mid way as I didn’t like it. This year I’m doing AS but I just wanna go off to uni if possible instead of doing a levels next year
JamalH
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What are you hoping to study and what university? What’s holding you back from completing A2?
LeapingLucy
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Why would universities make an exception for you? 3 A-levels is the standard requirement for university entry. If you can't finish school what makes you think you'll be able to cope with university-level study?
Cbizzer
Rep:
?
Last year I was doing a linear course but I left mid way as I didn’t like it. This year I’m doing AS but I just wanna go off to uni if possible instead of doing a levels next year

(Original post by JamalH)
What are you hoping to study and what university? What’s holding you back from completing A2?
Accounting and don’t know what uni tbh. And don’t wanna do A2 because I just wanna go off to uni
Cbizzer
Rep:
?
(Original post by LeapingLucy)
Why would universities make an exception for you? 3 A-levels is the standard requirement for university entry. If you can't finish school what makes you think you'll be able to cope with university-level study?
Relax. Plus foundation courses exist and I can finish college I just wanna go off to uni
sammyj97
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by LeapingLucy)
^^ Exactly. Just stick it out for another year. Time flies and before you know it you'll have completed them... it will not only give you a much better chance of getting into uni but a sense of accomplishment and a lot more experience of working under pressure/dealing with stress/exams etc. I didn't complete the A2 because of extenuating circumstances not because I wanted to join a uni asap.
JamalH
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
There’s not a chance you’ll be able to do so with just 3 AS levels, finish off your a-levels like everyone else who goes off to university. Don’t get the grades you want? That’s what foundation years are for, you can’t just leave half a year early to get into the uni experience ASAP
LeapingLucy
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Relax. Plus foundation courses exist
Which almost all require 3 A-levels or equivalent...

E.g. Surrey - CCC at A-level
https://www.surrey.ac.uk/foundation-courses

E.g. Liverpool Hope - 72 UCAS points (impossible to achieve through 3 AS-levels as even an A grade only gets you 20 points)
http://hope.ac.uk/foundationyearhopepark/

E.g. Nottingham - BBB for most courses, BCC for one
https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ugstudy...questions.aspx
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You'll need A2.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Life Sciences; Department of Psychology Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (237)
59.85%
No (159)
40.15%

Watched Threads