Facetiming a guy with social anxiety Watch

ellabella0111
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So there’s this guy at my college, and we’ve been talking over snapchat for a few weeks and last night he asked for us to facetime this weekend. Due to being socially anxious, I’m really worried about how it’s gonna go and I don’t want there to be long awkward silences. Any advice?
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Just do it.
ellabella0111
Rep:
?
I’m worried he’s gonna think I’m an idiot for being so awkward (Original post by random_matt)Just do it.
tashkent46
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Well if you're face timing a guy with social anxiety you at least have that in common right?
ellabella0111
Rep:
?
ahh no it’s confusing but it’s me with social anxiety, not him
(Original post by tashkent46)Well if you're face timing a guy with social anxiety you at least have that in common right?
tashkent46
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ellabella0111)
ahh no it’s confusing but it’s me with social anxiety, not him
(Original post by tashkent46)Well if you're face timing a guy with social anxiety you at least have that in common right?
Sorry I am being a moron to detract from the visible and myriad issues in my life right now (notice my extended vocabulary in the hope you couldn't understand me, ugh pretentious)!.!

I am sure this guy will think you are cool he wouldn't have agreed to talk to you if not and plus what's the worst that could happen? Being awkward is nothing to be ashamed of.
Johndoeskitty
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Lmao guys are happy just to be able to talk with a girl on video. Some dude who likes me called me the other day and all i did was say "yeah" or "mm" and he was perfectly happy lol

Just be chill and talk like how you normally would, if it gets awkward put the phone aside and start multitasking or something lol
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by tashkent46)
Sorry I am being a moron to detract from the visible and myriad issues in my life right now (notice my extended vocabulary in the hope you couldn't understand me, ugh pretentious)!.!

I am sure this guy will think you are cool he wouldn't have agreed to talk to you if not and plus what's the worst that could happen? Being awkward is nothing to be ashamed of.
but you didn't use 'myriad' correctly, seems like you just looked up synonyms for 'many' lol
tashkent46
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
but you didn't use 'myriad' correctly, seems like you just looked up synonyms for 'many' lol
U weren't supposed to look
ellabella0111
Rep:
?
U weren't supposed to look
even when used wrong, still an awesome word
tashkent46
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
even when used wrong, still an awesome word
I like to use things wrong deliberately to create double irony. Sometimes people accuse me of covering my ass.
ellabella0111
Rep:
?
I like to use things wrong deliberately to create double irony. Sometimes people accuse me of covering my ass.
I was majorly impressed btw
tashkent46
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I was majorly impressed btw
Well it is late so I can forgive you for that.
Mapleservers
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’m a male, who has bad social anxiety aswell. It’s awful.
I understand what you mean by “awkward silence” happens a lot to me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (237)
60%
No (158)
40%

Watched Threads