Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi all,

I’ve recently got my dates, them being:
PRTC - 24th April
BRTC- 26th June

If anybody has the same dates let me know! Cheers!
Last edited by Hollymegz112; 1 year ago
samyates1234
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
my intake is the 12th of june
Lewism14
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by samyates1234)
my intake is the 12th of june
Same here dude
Samyates02
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’m same person just different account lmao
, when’s your PRTC
Lewism14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Samyates02)
I’m same person just different account lmao
, when’s your PRTC
April 10th
Samyates02
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Lewism14)
April 10th
Mines also April 10th
Mslx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Hollymegz112)
Hi all,

I’ve recently got my dates, them being:
PRTC - 24th April
BRTC- 26th June

If anybody has the same dates let me know! Cheers!
Hello, my PRTC is April 24th but BRTC is July 10th 😊
marveldinosaur
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have PRTC 8th of May and BRTC 24th of July!
If anyone has the same let me know😁
Ewzy
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just been given my dates- PRTC 27th MarchBRTC 10th ArpilAnyone else have the same?
AlexanderMaria99
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ewzy)
Just been given my dates- PRTC 27th MarchBRTC 10th ArpilAnyone else have the same?
Hiya, I have the same PRTC dates but my BRTC is 29th May
Ewzy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What you going in as? Have you had to wait long? I’m looking forward to it but also really nervous.See you in PRTC 🙂
AlexanderMaria99
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm going in as a medic, I applied last may and finished my fitness test in September so quite a long wait yeah! But it's finally here now, I'm very nervous as well 😂
(Original post by Ewzy)
What you going in as? Have you had to wait long? I’m looking forward to it but also really nervous.See you in PRTC 🙂
Daljodh_riyat
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello btw what kind of bags do you need to take to prtc and brtc???? Is it like a suitcase ???
Con00bcfc
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Anything will do. Suitcase, duffel bag. Anything big to carry all your stuff. I took a big nike duffel bag for my clothes, trainers, toiletries and other things. Then a back pack with my paper work, pens, charger, water bottle and anything else I needed access to easily. When I start my BRTC on April 10th I’ll probably need twice the amount of bags because of the amount of things needed for it.
(Original post by Daljodh_riyat)
Hello btw what kind of bags do you need to take to prtc and brtc???? Is it like a suitcase ???
Ewzy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I agree the BRTC kit list is massive don’t think it’s going to fit in 1 bag!

On PRTC when they say plain dark t shirt are you allowed a small logo or do they have to be comepletly plain? Just trying to work out whether I need to go out and buy them?

You have the 10th of April as well do you? We have the same start date 😊 what are you going in as?
(Original post by Con00bcfc)
Anything will do. Suitcase, duffel bag. Anything big to carry all your stuff. I took a big nike duffel bag for my clothes, trainers, toiletries and other things. Then a back pack with my paper work, pens, charger, water bottle and anything else I needed access to easily. When I start my BRTC on April 10th I’ll probably need twice the amount of bags because of the amount of things needed for it.
Daljodh_riyat
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks for that I still need my prtc dates so hopefully they come soon
Con00bcfc
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ewzy)
I agree the BRTC kit list is massive don’t think it’s going to fit in 1 bag!

On PRTC when they say plain dark t shirt are you allowed a small logo or do they have to be comepletly plain? Just trying to work out whether I need to go out and buy them?

You have the 10th of April as well do you? We have the same start date 😊 what are you going in as?
Ive already done the PRTC, my BRTC starts on the 10th of April.

The plain dark T-shirt’s can be anything really, a small logo is fine as long as it isn’t massive and in your face then I guess it’s okay. I just brought a 2 packs of 3 black T-shirt’s from primary so I have fresh plain ones when training.

My trade is General Technician - Workshop. What trade and intake are you in? I’m in the Pearson intake.
Last edited by Con00bcfc; 1 year ago
Daljodh_riyat
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

The plain dark T-shirt’s can be anything really, a small logo is fine as long as it isn’t massive and in your face then I guess it’s okay. I just brought a 2 packs of 3 black T-shirt’s from primary so I have fresh plain ones when training.

My trade is General Technician - Workshop. What trade and intake are you in? I’m in the Pearson intake.
What do you actually do in prtc ????
Ewzy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

I have PRTC next week with a BRTC date of April 10th if I pass - so hopefully I’ll find out what intake I’m on then (if successful).
That’s a good point I’ll nip to primark.

O awesome I’m also going in as gen tech workshop! You’re the only other person I’ve found that’s going in as that trade!
Any tips for PRTC? I already have GCSE’s so did they let you go on the Thursday?
Everything’s come around very quick I only passed the medical the start of this month so I’ve had about 2 weeks in between everything!
Con00bcfc
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Wow same, first time hearing another gen tech workshop trade. We’ll probably be going to St Athens at the same time then.

The tips for PRTC is to try your hardest for the fitness test don’t give up because if you fail you’ll have to stop the extra day and re do the test. Try make some friends/ speak to people if you need help. And just be quite and follow instructions.

You’ll have to do maths, English, spelling and speaking and listening assessments when you’re there in a classroom but they’re really easy. Even if you fail the assessment you don’t have to stop another day it’s just to asses you on your knowledge.

I applied it October then had my medical in Jan then my PRTC in Feb now I’m waiting to start BRTC on 10th of April (arrive on the 9th April) I think it’s taken us such a short amount of time to progress through the application is because they need our trade as it’s not a common/popular trade. People I spoke to at PRTC who are doing popular trades like gunners have been in the whole joining process for about a year, some even longer!

(Original post by Ewzy)
I have PRTC next week with a BRTC date of April 10th if I pass - so hopefully I’ll find out what intake I’m on then (if successful).
That’s a good point I’ll nip to primark.

O awesome I’m also going in as gen tech workshop! You’re the only other person I’ve found that’s going in as that trade!
Any tips for PRTC? I already have GCSE’s so did they let you go on the Thursday?
Everything’s come around very quick I only passed the medical the start of this month so I’ve had about 2 weeks in between everything!
Last edited by Con00bcfc; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (42)
7.82%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (42)
7.82%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (129)
24.02%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (73)
13.59%
No, nothing has changed (166)
30.91%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (85)
15.83%

Watched Threads