School stress Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have been having a very hard time at school since a levels started.I have been diagnosed with depression at the beginning of a levels however it took me very long to receive any treatment (I started treatment at the end of year 12) so problems just continued to escalate.Now I take medication.

Everyone would say a levels is just 2 years but when you feel constant stress for 2 years in a row it becomes unbearable.I find myself struggling to complete work as I feel like I can't deal with any stress anymore.For example I do practice questions I can't answer I start feeling stress and I find myself shutting down and just avoiding doing any work because the prospect of getting more stressed is what I want to avoid at all costs.I feel like I have had enough but I know I can't avoid doing work because I can't stand feeling stressed.I don't know if any of this makes sense.

I tried all the things they tell you to do to relieve stress e.g. eat healthy, do breathing exercises and mindfulness which doesn't make a difference in my experience.
I AM GROOT 1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
:console:
it sounds like you just need to know your stuff, so just make sure u know the basics for your a levels if your struggling with answering questions, revise the topics you are struggling with, maybe make revision notes ect so that you have the knowledge and can answer the questions effectively with no struggles
best of luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (42)
11.9%
Yes - a food allergy (39)
11.05%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (11)
3.12%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
2.55%
No (252)
71.39%

Watched Threads