The Student Room Group

Please help me

I am a German student, currently enrolled at a German university in a Computer Science course. However, I would like to go to study in Scotland, at the University of Glasgow. Is it possible to prepare for 3 levels(May session), provided that I have already done a semester in CS. I want to take Mathematics, Computer Science and German(my mother language). Is this doable?
Reply 1
Please anybody?
Reply 2
Original post by ge36dal
I am a German student, currently enrolled at a German university in a Computer Science course. However, I would like to go to study in Scotland, at the University of Glasgow. Is it possible to prepare for 3 levels(May session), provided that I have already done a semester in CS. I want to take Mathematics, Computer Science and German(my mother language). Is this doable?

Do you mean you want to take A-levels? What qualifications do you already have? Presumably you needed some to get onto your current university course?

Is your current course studying for a BSc? If so you can contact Glasgow and ask if they will allow you to transfer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I don't think Glasgow accept transfers, maybe only in very special situations, like for example illness
Original post by ge36dal

As mentioned above, Glasgow would consider an application based on your existing school qualifications, have you checked if you already meet their requirements?

A level success in summer 2019 depends obviously on how much overlap there is between what you have already studied, how well you understood it, what the A levels require and how well you can adapt to being tested in English. It seems possible that it would be doable but you need to achieve high grades and you say nothing about your previous performance.

BUT

You need to check that an A level in your native language would be acceptable. Language A levels are designed to challenge non-native speakers and as such are not considered a good demonstration of academic ability for native speakers. Some universities won’t accept them for meeting entry requirements.

You also need to check with the university whether an application this late is likely to be successful.
Reply 5
Original post by ge36dal
I don't think Glasgow accept transfers, maybe only in very special situations, like for example illness

True, they say:

"University Transfers

Transfers from another University to the University of Glasgow will only be considered under the following circumstances:

The applicant has a genuine personal circumstance (illness, bereavement or other family situation) which requires the student to move back to their home town to be closer to family; AND

The applicant would have met the University of Glasgow entrance requirements at the time he/she went to the other institution. In exceptional circumstances, a student may be admitted if he/she was marginally below the University of Glasgow entrance requirements, and they have performed above average at the other institution."

https://www.gla.ac.uk/undergraduate/howtoapply/

So why do you want to apply to Glasgow?
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending