I want to quit my job Watch

cherlloydfan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
So I've been working as a website developer and exam proctor for nearly a year now and I've had enough of it. I'm not even doing much web development anymore, just proctoring exams and it's not very busy at the moment. But my boss expects me to do so much in just 6 hours cos he only wants me to work 30 hrs a week and pays me minimum wage. I want a new job in web development but I'm not good at programming anymore and I also want a more sociable job cos it's just me and my boss and he isn't here half the time so I'm on my own in the office so what should I do?
Emma:-)
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Start looking and applying for other jobs.
When you get offered another one, hand your notice in at this one.
Emma:-)
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Look for and apply for other jobs.
Once you get offered another, hand your notice in at this one.
UWS
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
It's easier to get a job when you already have one. Start looking for jobs now, then hand in your notice once you've secured an offer.
winterscoming
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Have you spent any time working to improve your skills over the past few months? I seem to remember you posted about your job situation sometime last year, several people suggested to you back then the idea of spending time building your programming skills so that you'd be in a stronger position to apply for a better job. If you work on those skills to the point where you're more confident in your programming ability, and able to perform well in programming interviews then a lot of better web developer job opportunities will start to open up to you alongside higher salaries and more career progression.
cherlloydfan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I have tried to get another job and I've had a few interviews a while ago but I didnt get any of them, two of them were I.T ones which I didn't know the stuff for and the others were pizza express, itsu and planet organic and I don't know why I didn't get those. I haven't done any programming lately cos I just don't feel like it.
threeportdrift
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I'm not a Cher Loyd fan, but I'm a fan of cherlloydfan threads!

<gets out popcorn and waits for the entitlement to begin >
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (63)
8.33%
I used to but I don't now (19)
2.51%
No, but I want to start (281)
37.17%
No, I am unable to (185)
24.47%
No, I chose not to (208)
27.51%