Postgraduate Accomodation Watch

alicepoppy_96
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi!

I've been offered a place to study a masters at Sussex from September! I'm really pleased but also a bit worried about the accommodation situation. I know I cant get into halls but just renting a room and hoping for the best seems like a long shot - I'd rather live with other Postgraduates in a shared house.

Does anyone know any good ways of going about this? I currently live in Newcastle so its difficult for me to just pop down to meet people or view flats.

Thanks in advance!
PerkytheDragon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey! I've recently got an offer to do a masters at sussex as well, was actually planning to make a post like this myself.

I've heard that there are some good facebook pages for finding places to if you're a postgrad. That and a site called studentpad apparently.

I'm hoping to find out more during the march open day.
Last edited by PerkytheDragon; 1 month ago
meisa2105
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey! I also just firmed up to do Masters at Sussex (September). I am from Indonesia and would be more than happy to share house. Please nudge me if you also are on the same page. Looking for en-suite room. Thanks!
Scottw123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by alicepoppy_96)
Hi!

I've been offered a place to study a masters at Sussex from September! I'm really pleased but also a bit worried about the accommodation situation. I know I cant get into halls but just renting a room and hoping for the best seems like a long shot - I'd rather live with other Postgraduates in a shared house.

Does anyone know any good ways of going about this? I currently live in Newcastle so its difficult for me to just pop down to meet people or view flats.

Thanks in advance!
Hi, I'm in the same boat as you, from manchester and currently in york. I have a masters offer and sussex is my first choice, but the accommodation is stressing me out. 😣
Have you sorted anything out yet?
alicepoppy_96
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I've looked at the student pad page and didn't find it useful. For shared accommodation most of the landlords wanted already established groups ready to rent all the rooms. Not sure about any other pages! I haven't sorted anything out yet, but I'm still debating the course due to the cost haha!
Good luck everyone and congrats on your offers!
sofia diamanti
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I am in the same place too. I come from Greece and i know that i must find a guarantor. Do you know what i can do if i don't know anyone who is a UK citizen?
(Original post by alicepoppy_96)
I've looked at the student pad page and didn't find it useful. For shared accommodation most of the landlords wanted already established groups ready to rent all the rooms. Not sure about any other pages! I haven't sorted anything out yet, but I'm still debating the course due to the cost haha!
Good luck everyone and congrats on your offers!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (112)
17.61%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (68)
10.69%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (110)
17.3%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (92)
14.47%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.91%
How can I be the best version of myself? (191)
30.03%

Watched Threads