The Student Room Group

Applying through UCAS after accepting an offer

Hi, I am set to attend a 6-year medical school programme (5 years + health foundation year). I am a mature applicant so I would like to do the course in as little time possible.

Has anyone ever managed to be transferred to the 5 year programme even though they applied for the 6 year. Alternatively has anyone ever reapplied to UCAS whilst attending their first year at a medical school and reapplied to another medical school for graduate medicine?

If so, were you successful? Or is it not the done thing?

Many thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Ali-h1996
Hi, I am set to attend a 6-year medical school programme (5 years + health foundation year). I am a mature applicant so I would like to do the course in as little time possible.

Has anyone ever managed to be transferred to the 5 year programme even though they applied for the 6 year. Alternatively has anyone ever reapplied to UCAS whilst attending their first year at a medical school and reapplied to another medical school for graduate medicine?

If so, were you successful? Or is it not the done thing?

Many thanks

Medical Schools generally refuse to consider applications from people who have already started a Medicine degree elsewhere.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending