The Student Room Group

Durham or Warwick for MPhys

Poll

Durham or Warwick for MPhys

Hey guys, at the moment i'm really torn between the two unis. I've had on offer from both, A*AA for Durham and A*AB for Warwick, but cant decide which to pick. On one side I've heard a lot about Durham as well as them being 3rd in the country for the course. However, Warwick have given me a slightly lower offer and 'seem' to have better stats for the course, grades etc.
Any ones thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Reply 1
It's important to visit the universities that you are applying to as the choice of university is a very big decision. I think the best course of action is to go to the offer holder days at both universities to try and get a feel for the environment of the place you will be spending the next 4 years. The difference in the graduate prospects and education you receive form the two will probably be negligible so it depends on how you feel about the specific modules of the two courses.

Another key aspect to consider is how you feel about the collegiate system of Durham as that will be quite different to your experience at Warwick. I'd also consider the fact that Warwick is in Coventry, nobody has ever been excited about moving to Coventry.
(edited 5 years ago)
Thank you for your advice. I currently have not visited either but i have a place booked at a post offer visit day for Warwick.
Reply 3
Durham for straight physics.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending