No Deal Brexit here we come! Watch

ChaoticButterfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Brexit: May could delay vote on revised deal until just days before 29 March, Leadsom suggests

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-politics-live

Within the last 24 hours three of Westminster’s most senior political journalists have all published reports suggesting that May could well end up taking the UK out of the EU without a deal.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...ef=uk-homepage

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-02-11/...xit-is-likely/

https://www.politico.eu/article/insi...al-cliff-edge/

Hold onto your buts! :auto:

So what are we all going to stockpile?
Last edited by ChaoticButterfly; 1 year ago
username4454836
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
:woo:

Dis gon b gud
Dez
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
We are so screwed.
Davij038
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
She couldnt take us out without a deal even if she wanted to , parliament won’t let her. The only way we can get out if this mess ifms if there’s a clear majority in Parliament for Mays Deal, No Deal or No Brexit, which there isn’t and won’t be forvthe foreseeable future..

This could be, and I sincerely hope that it is the death of modem British politics. Hopefully we have the implosion of the Tory party, Corbyn in power in a minority government that keeps us in the EU and the birth of a highly energised, mass nationalist movement like we are seeing in europe.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
Brexit: May could delay vote on revised deal until just days before 29 March, Leadsom suggests

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-politics-live

Within the last 24 hours three of Westminster’s most senior political journalists have all published reports suggesting that May could well end up taking the UK out of the EU without a deal.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...ef=uk-homepage

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-02-11/...xit-is-likely/

https://www.politico.eu/article/insi...al-cliff-edge/

Hold onto your buts! :auto:

So what are we all going to stockpile?
Although i doubt that parliament will allow her to push into March i do agree that it looks like May is pushing down the clock and is unlikely to cave to betraying the vote.

If parliament as i suspect prove too incompotent to pass something to extend brexit then May will push on.
Grant Thompson
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I've learnt to believe the opposite to what May claims, so all in all I don't think we will leave the EU at all.

I feel our chances of leaving is as if California tried to leave the US, virtually impossible but I hope to be proven wrong.
Davij038
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
If parliament as i suspect prove too incompotent to pass something to extend brexit then May will push on.
And how will she do that?
iAngely
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Good, it's about time we got out of the EU, we don't need a deal with them because we have other deals we've made instead. Let them crawl back to us because they need us and not the other way around.
username2950448
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by iAngely)
Good, it's about time we got out of the EU, we don't need a deal with them because we have other deals we've made instead. Let them crawl back to us because they need us and not the other way around.
The sad thing is that I can’t even tell if this is sarcasm
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
(Original post by Davij038)
She couldnt take us out without a deal even if she wanted to , parliament won’t let her. The only way we can get out if this mess ifms if there’s a clear majority in Parliament for Mays Deal, No Deal or No Brexit, which there isn’t and won’t be forvthe foreseeable future..
No Deal is the default option in the absence of Parliament deciding anything. No Deal does not need a majority in parliament to happen. As there is current not a majority for anything in parliament, and No Deal is the only option that does not need a majority for it to happen, we could well be going there. It is all contingent on "rebel" remain Tories actually rebelling as opposed to voting with the government and against cross party proposals. But these guys are cowards and not willing to destroy the tory party, the tory right on the other hand...

hard brexit here we come!
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
Although i doubt that parliament will allow her to push into March i do agree that it looks like May is pushing down the clock and is unlikely to cave to betraying the vote.

I love how you have gone from a camaroon to right wing brexiteer to better fit with the current direction of your party XD
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
It would make sense if we agreed an extension of 6 months so they had time to sort this mess out.
The politicians have completely let business down .
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
It would make sense if we agreed an extension of 6 months so they had time to sort this mess out.
The Conservative politicians have completely let business down .
Fixed that for you
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No Deal is the default option in the absence of Parliament deciding anything. No Deal does not need a majority in parliament to happen. As there is current not a majority for anything in parliament, and No Deal is the only option that does not need a majority for it to happen, we could well be going there. It is all contingent on "rebel" remain Tories actually rebelling as opposed to voting with the government and against cross party proposals. But these guys are cowards and not willing to destroy the tory party, the tory right on the other hand...

As i read elsewhere. If Rudd and Hammond resign she would be personally harmed, if Gove resigns the right of the party would see it as a call for war and they'll vote down every tory item put before the House.

I love how you have gone from a camaroon to right wing brexiteer to better fit with the current direction of your party XD
On non brexit policy i still am largely the same.
(Original post by 999tigger)
The politicians have completely let business down .
They can't extend past July 1st otherwise we hit the next european parliamentry term.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Fixed that for you
May can only really be blamed for everything upto December. Parliaments general inability to back anything is now to blame.
Davij038
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

I will be astounded if that is what happens. I think there will be a crappy deal supported by labour as various vested interests lose their ****. Happy to be proved wrong though
random_matt
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Extend for what? EU will not allow an extention without a good reason.
Davij038
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don’t think he’s changed that much, you can also be a brexiteer and a Cameroonian - eg Gove.

Rakas is bssically Gove just less Zionist and more anti immigrant, but I’m sure that will change if he gets into the party and he joins the friends of Israel society 😂
random_matt
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Didn't you hear, whoever makes magnums are stockpilling.
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
May can only really be blamed for everything upto December. Parliaments general inability to back anything is now to blame.
If May really wanted to play the statesman PM she could have reached out to Labour MPs to pass a deal. Instead her focus is on keeping the Tory right onside, which is what is making is impossible to get the numbers for a deal.

Her current strategy of waiting until the last moment and hoping enough labour MPs blink is a pretty risky strategy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (470)
66.67%
No (235)
33.33%

Watched Threads