Want more information about this university?

Have your say: How eco-friendly is your lifestyle?

Watch
discobish
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Reusable coffee cups, metal straws, meat-free Mondays… every day we’re introduced to a new way of reducing our impact on the planet.

With our awareness increasing, most of us are at least mildlyconscious about making responsible lifestyle choices – but how far do you really go to live a sustainable life, and are your good intentions paying off?

Take our quiz to find out how eco-friendly your lifestyle really is…
chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Dedicated eco warrior :laugh:I usually score quite well on things like this just by being vegan and using more zero waste/fully recyclable/reusable products but I definitely still have bad habits like leaving things plugged in and lights on. I'm working on it!
Emily234234
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Booooooring
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm on the right track apparently, i think that is accurate. I cant control stuff like energy provider and im too poor to use the laundrette so i have the heating on quite a lot to dry my clothes that i hand wash in the bath.
Im banned from driving because of medical reasons (the joys :emo: ) so i walk everywhere or get the bus, my family have never had a car so i think i grew up pretty green :bhangra:
I do think the recycling system here is silly though, we have two bins in our house share one for recycling and one for normal stuff but that is pointless cos outside the skips are all just landfill :confused: so like it all goes in landfill anyway which is a waste

(Original post by discobish)
Reusable coffee cups, metal straws, meat-free Mondays… every day we’re introduced to a new way of reducing our impact on the planet.

With our awareness increasing, most of us are at least mildlyconscious about making responsible lifestyle choices – but how far do you really go to live a sustainable life, and are your good intentions paying off?

Take our quiz to find out how eco-friendly your lifestyle really is…
Please may this have a redirect in society if it doesnt already marvellous discobish? :hugs:
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Emily234234)
Booooooring
hey this is first class content creation :spank:
discobish
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
Dedicated eco warrior :laugh:I usually score quite well on things like this just by being vegan and using more zero waste/fully recyclable/reusable products but I definitely still have bad habits like leaving things plugged in and lights on. I'm working on it!
You go girl! I didn't even score that haha

(Original post by CoolCavy)
I'm on the right track apparently...

Please may this have a redirect in society if it doesnt already marvellous discobish? :hugs:
Well done Cavy I was 'on the right track' too! And yes of course

(Original post by Emily234234)
Booooooring
Nothing boring about the state of the environment :emo:
Emily234234
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by discobish)
You go girl! I didn't even score that haha

Well done Cavy I was 'on the right track' too! And yes of course

Nothing boring about the state of the environment :emo:
I’m not a communist.
Joleee
Report 1 year ago
i'm a minimalist so i don't own a lot of stuff and the stuff i have i use for years. i walk everywhere i go (but i admit, this is a luxury most people don't have). i haven't ate red meat in over a decade.

it's hard to know what's actually eco-friendly and what's not tho. i remember when reusable cloth bags were 'the thing'. then i read it takes the same energy to produce 400 plastic bags and that most people don't use that cloth bag 400 times so you're better off with plastic. it's hard to know because 'eco-friendly' is a calculation of raw materials, production, transport, shelf-life, etc etc. so while the material is 'eco-friendly' the other factors might make it not. i am a minimalist, but someone who's not might have a better carbon footprint just cuz they buy better stuff. it's all very confusing.
chelseadagg3r
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Joleee)
i'm a minimalist so i don't own a lot of stuff and the stuff i have i use for years. i walk everywhere i go (but i admit, this is a luxury most people don't have). i haven't ate red meat in over a decade.

it's hard to know what's actually eco-friendly and what's not tho. i remember when reusable cloth bags were 'the thing'. then i read it takes the same energy to produce 400 plastic bags and that most people don't use that cloth bag 400 times so you're better off with plastic. it's hard to know because 'eco-friendly' is a calculation of raw materials, production, transport, shelf-life, etc etc. so while the material is 'eco-friendly' the other factors might make it not. i am a minimalist, but someone who's not might have a better carbon footprint just cuz they buy better stuff. it's all very confusing.
(Original post by Joleee)

I get what what you mean. It's complicated and impossible to he perfect, but it's all about doing your best which it sounds like you are!
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ltsmith)
i drive a pickup truck mounted with a jet engine whilst eating nothing but beef and bacon.

come at me eco-activists
same but my jet engine runs on diesel. and i wear plastic driving shoes :cool:
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
we have two bins in our house share one for recycling and one for normal stuff
and these bins; they are made of ...... ? :teehee:
Joleee
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
I get what what you mean. It's complicated and impossible to he perfect, but it's all about doing your best which it sounds like you are!
i agree! you don't have to be perfect; you just have to be doing something. :yy:
Alesha1991
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I got dedicated eco warrior. I'm vegetarian plus I've really cut down on dairy products & usually have a few vegan days a week. Also I'm making more of an effort to cut down on my use of plastics & try to recycle whenever I can. As far as my bad habits go, probably buying too many clothes. Plus a lot of the things I find online that I like happen to be from foreign sellers so there's the whole air miles issue as well.
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I make zero effort.
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Some room to improve.
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Dedicated eco warrior !😂
Joking111
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I buy plastic straws in bulk three times a week from a convenience store, and dump it in a near by lake. Sometimes after work, I go to a slaughterhouse and play moonlight sonata by Ludwig van Beethoven to put the cattle at ease. Ofcourse I join in if the butchers are getting too tired of their daily work. I am doing my part, are you?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (80)
14.18%
I'm not sure (26)
4.61%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (179)
31.74%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.13%
I'm not a current university student (267)
47.34%

Watched Threads