The Student Room Group

Why would you like to work for 'x' and what do you think you can bring to the role?

Im filling out an application for morrisons part time work and this question is the final step. Any ideas what to write? Should i specifically talk about working at morrisons as opposed to other supermarkets? I mean theyre all the same to me so i wouldnt know what to put. Theres no particular reason other than i want to get paid and morrisons is near by.

As for second part should i just write generic stuff like motivation and hard work? word count is 400 btw so i dont think they can be expecting too much. i generally suck at these things and i hate writing about myself but i need the job so any help would be appreciated.
Reply 1
"Morrisons is nearby" => "Morrisons is part of my local community"
"I want to get paid" => "I'm motivated to work for a company that supports its employees"

Embellish, embroider, and bull**** a bit and you'll be fine I expect. 400 words seems a bit extreme mind, I personally wouldn't bother writing quite that much. Just do enough to convince the HR person that (a) you have a brain and (b) you know how to use spell check. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Dez
"I want to get paid" => "I'm motivated to work for a company that supports its employees"

Embellish, embroider, and bull**** a bit and you'll be fine I expect. 400 words seems a bit extreme mind, I personally wouldn't bother writing quite that much. Just do enough to convince the HR person that (a) you have a brain and (b) you know how to use spell check. :smile:

Thank you! I definitely overthink these things too much lol
Original post by Dez

I agree

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending