Do I cancel my insurance before they cancel me? Watch

tom_scott_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
#1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
#1
I'm with Tesco Bank Box Insurance and today they sent an email saying if I have one more red mark for speeding then they'll cancel my insurance. I have just over 2 weeks until I will get that rating back from them.

I know I haven't been driving particular black box friendly and had I been sent the message earlier I would have been more careful.

As it's near certain my insurance will be cancelled would it be better for me to cancel it right now and take out one with a different company or take a new policy out under my parents name?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
0
reply
xDron3
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
#2
Report 1 week ago
#2
If you cancel now then you will not have a cancellation marker against your name, which if you did, would make your quotes astronomical. If you reckon you're going to be cancelled on. Do it first.

After, look for a quote that isn't telematics to avoid this in the future. Do not take one out under your parents name for yourself as that's fronting which is illegal.
3
reply
IWMTom
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
#3
Report 1 week ago
#3
(Original post by xDron3)
If you cancel now then you will not have a cancellation marker against your name, which if you did, would make your quotes astronomical. If you reckon you're going to be cancelled on. Do it first.

After, look for a quote that isn't telematics to avoid this in the future. Do not take one out under your parents name for yourself as that's fronting which is illegal.
Beat me to it.
1
reply
Mosinwywyeye
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
#4
Report 6 days ago
#4
I would wait and see if they cancel your insurance, if they decide to cancel it you still have the option of cancelling it before the 7 days. they normally give you a 7 day notice. but i would go with the advice above
0
reply
RoyalSheepy
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
#5
Report 6 days ago
#5
Another one speeding with a black box though... Why do we even bother helping them if they put themselves in that situation.

(Original post by tom_scott_)
As it's near certain my insurance will be cancelled would it be better for me to cancel it right now and take out one with a different company or take a new policy out under my parents name?
By that do you mean list your parents as your main driver? If so, that is a stupid idea. You'll get insurance fraud and a cancellation against your name when you're found out.
0
reply
Laminae
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
#6
Report 6 days ago
#6
Or you could just not speed and not have to worry.
0
reply
Emma:-)
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
#7
Report 5 days ago
#7
(Original post by xDron3)
If you cancel now then you will not have a cancellation marker against your name, which if you did, would make your quotes astronomical. If you reckon you're going to be cancelled on. Do it first.

After, look for a quote that isn't telematics to avoid this in the future. Do not take one out under your parents name for yourself as that's fronting which is illegal.
I totally agree.
Take any future insurance out in your own name though. Taking it out in someone elses name when you are the main driver is fronting and illegal.
0
reply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Reply
new posts
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (216)
60%
No (144)
40%

Watched Threads

View All