Childcare Grant Watch

victoriabethany
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I’m looking at going back to university but not sure whether I will be entitled to a childcare grant. My partner works full time on 30k a year but I don’t work nor receive any benefits. We can’t afford to be able to send our twins to nursery without the grant, does anyone know if I’m going to even be eligible?
Last edited by victoriabethany; 5 days ago
Lynsey SFE
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by victoriabethany)
I’m looking at going back to university but not sure whether I will be entitled to a childcare grant. My partner works full time on 30k a year but I don’t work nor receive any benefits. We can’t afford to be able to send our twins to nursery without the grant, does anyone know if I’m going to even be eligible?
Hello Victoria,

To be eligible for Grant’s for Dependant’s (Childcare, Parent’s Learning Allowance and Adult Dependant Grant), we require evidence that you’re in receipt of one of the following Child Benefit, Universal Credit or Tax Credits.

Based on your partners income you would be overscale for Childcare, so would not be eligible.

Thanks, Lynsey.
victoriabethany
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by Lynsey SFE)
Hello Victoria,

To be eligible for Grant’s for Dependant’s (Childcare, Parent’s Learning Allowance and Adult Dependant Grant), we require evidence that you’re in receipt of one of the following Child Benefit, Universal Credit or Tax Credits.

Based on your partners income you would be overscale for Childcare, so would not be eligible.

Thanks, Lynsey.
Will I be eligible for anything as if not I’m unable to attend and will be eating everyone’s time by even applying for student finance?
Erin SFE
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by victoriabethany)
Will I be eligible for anything as if not I’m unable to attend and will be eating everyone’s time by even applying for student finance?
Hi Victoria,

You would be eligible for a Maintenance Loan and a Tuition Fee Loan.

The maximum loan you can apply for is £8,944, this will be based on the household income to see how much of this you would be eligible for.

Thanks, Erin
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (64)
8.45%
I used to but I don't now (19)
2.51%