CBT - Anxiety Watch

CloudySkies238
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hi, I've been referred to get CBT for health anxiety and I'm just wondering what to expect really. I know it will differ from patient to patient but a general heads up would be appreciated
Smooth Sailing
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by CloudySkies238)
Hi, I've been referred to get CBT for health anxiety and I'm just wondering what to expect really. I know it will differ from patient to patient but a general heads up would be appreciated
Firstly, it's very much tailored around you. So the treatment/course of action will depends on what you would like to get out of it (although I think reduced anxiety is a pretty common one!).

For me it was based around breaking unhealthy cycles, for example avoiding certain situations, as well as breaking out of isolation and unhealthy coping mechanisms. You'll also discuss where the anxiety may be stemming from, and ultimately how you can go about managing it.

It's pretty well structured so you should be able to set yourself small goals, and gradually make progress. You'll also be able to keep all your notes/worksheets, which may well be useful well after the sessions are over. I still refer back to mine from time to time!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (61)
8.22%
I used to but I don't now (18)
2.43%
No, but I want to start (277)
37.33%
No, I am unable to (181)
24.39%
No, I chose not to (205)
27.63%