Am i selfish for wishing people would care? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Recently i've been feeling pretty low, uni hasn't been going well recently and i've been trying to get all my work done and keep up with everything even with the struggles. but the last month i've realised not many of my friends care about me. (Well it feels this way) and the reason i say this is every time i reach out to a friend who's struggling or down, they always say they appreciate me, how i'm a true friend or that i'm too kind. But when i'm having a tough time, which does happen every now and then and that all i need is someone, no ones there for me. Like none of my friends will come out for a quick coffee for me to chat or just hang out on the weekend to shop. And it makes me feel so s**t. I also moved out last year to a studio so i live alone now (Maybe that's not helping). All i'd like is a friend to contact me and see how i am, or to invite me out etc. yet no one does. Is it selfish of me to wish someone would care?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
No not at all and I always feel the same as you but they probably don’t know how you’re feeling.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Sissoue
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Well honestly ... As 21 years old Girl
As a young woman we do have a lot of emotion that we cannot prevent ourselves to have it ... That's the life emoji ! Anyway you have to say in your mind that more you grow up more you will feel like you'll need people to get involved with your own problem but the things is more people listen to you more people don't find solution ... It's werd right.. you know there's some things we don't talk about it sometimes ... During every challenges we have in our life we believe that's nobody is with us!!! Why do we think like that...Nobody ! Really ...Because we only believe in what we see... The reality is that we never saw who created us... Yes that's right ...And that make us believe during every step in our lives that anonymous that created us don't care about us? Why we are so selfish to think about that people have the ability to make us happy but not him...? If we absolutely don't care about the one who gives us this life !!!! This WHOLE LIFE ... Why as human we don't believe that the one who created us have the ability to solve our problems? Just why? Every day you cry he sees you, every day you complain he sees you, every day you say nobody are here for you he hear you...he knows you're life, he knows your personality better than you think, he see your future knows your past... But we are so selfish and so negative to not Sit down and talk to him in a empty room.
Saying oh My Gad, oh my Lord your the one who created me please solve my problems, please help me cause your the only one that hear, listen to me, have time for me... So do you think it's expensive to talk to your Lord , Does it seems Hard ... ? Or Unreal, unsignificant? If we were used to think in this way we should've be more happier than ever... all the questions we often ask ourselves is the one who is capable to answer not by talking to us straight not by sending us letters... when you want to hear Gad voice is already inside of you but you have to what we call Activate it ... To Activate it you need to love him just by the simple fact he listen to you, being comfortable to say please I want this and that ... Being patient mean let him take time to answer you... Because for every longer answer there's always and Always a big reason we completly ignore. Learn How you would create a relationship between you and Gad ! You'll never going to be a loser ! 😘😘😘😘 Love you and Peace
Last edited by Sissoue; 1 week ago
yzanne
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Recently i've been feeling pretty low, uni hasn't been going well recently and i've been trying to get all my work done and keep up with everything even with the struggles. but the last month i've realised not many of my friends care about me. (Well it feels this way) and the reason i say this is every time i reach out to a friend who's struggling or down, they always say they appreciate me, how i'm a true friend or that i'm too kind. But when i'm having a tough time, which does happen every now and then and that all i need is someone, no ones there for me. Like none of my friends will come out for a quick coffee for me to chat or just hang out on the weekend to shop. And it makes me feel so s**t. I also moved out last year to a studio so i live alone now (Maybe that's not helping). All i'd like is a friend to contact me and see how i am, or to invite me out etc. yet no one does. Is it selfish of me to wish someone would care?
No of course not. You deserve the right to be cherished same as everyone else! Perhaps make the first move? Or are there any clubs you could join to make new friends? Having similar passions can initiate proper friendships and if you see them weekly then perhaps you won't feel the struggle of upkeep? x
Sissoue
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
In Conclusion showing people you have problem will create a negative vibes that want them to disappear or not calculate.
Am sorry but only Gad has the power to eliminate our negative vibes...
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Sissoue)
Well honestly ... As 21 years old Girl
As a young woman we do have a lot of emotion that we cannot prevent ourselves to have it ... That's the life emoji ! Anyway you have to say in your mind that more you grow up more you will feel like you'll need people to get involved with your own problem but the things is more people listen to you more people don't find solution ... It's werd right.. you know there's some things we don't talk about it sometimes ... During every challenges we have in our life we believe that's nobody is with us!!! Why do we think like that...Nobody ! Really ...Because we only believe in what we see... The reality is that we never saw who created us... Yes that's right ...And that make us believe during every step in our lives that anonymous that created us don't care about us? Why we are so selfish to think about that people have the ability to make us happy but not him...? If we absolutely don't care about the one who gives us this life !!!! This WHOLE LIFE ... Why as human we don't believe that the one who created us have the ability to solve our problems? Just why? Every day you cry he sees you, every day you complain he sees you, every day you say nobody are here for you he hear you...he knows you're life, he knows your personality better than you think, he see your future knows your past... But we are so selfish and so negative to not Sit down and talk to him in a empty room.
Saying oh My Gad, oh my Lord your the one who created me please solve my problems, please help me cause your the only one that hear, listen to me, have time for me... So do you think it's expensive to talk to your Lord , Does it seems Hard ... ? Or Unreal, unsignificant? If we were used to think in this way we should've be more happier than ever... all the questions we often ask ourselves is the one who is capable to answer not by talking to us straight not by sending us letters... when you want to hear Gad voice is already inside of you but you have to what we call Activate it ... To Activate it you need to love him just by the simple fact he listen to you, being comfortable to say please I want this and that ... Being patient mean let him take time to answer you... Because for every longer answer there's always and Always a big reason we completly ignore. Learn How you would create a relationship between you and Gad ! You'll never going to be a loser ! 😘😘😘😘 Love you and Peace
Thank you for responding. I respect what you wrote, but sadly i don't believe in god. And If he's the only one who can make all negative better, then why is there still such horrible things happening around the world if he has the power to eliminate it.
tashkent46
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I feel like this 100% I try to help others too but I don't know what I'm doing most of the time. Showing I care is difficult especially when I don't want to step on someone's boundaries.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
no.

and i feel like sh*t too.
tashkent46
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
no.

and i feel like sh*t too.
Can we start a secret group where we can help each other point out **** behaviour?
bebsbobs
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Not at all!! It's not selfish. We deserve to be loved and cared about the same way we care about other people!

I'm in similar shoes as you and I swear I've always have been. I am a great listener and everyone would always come to me to talk about their problems and I listen and I care and I give advice if they need it, whatever... But when it comes to me and my emotions no one gives the slightest ****. Like literally. They don't care... I don't get it... maybe I'm misinterpreting their emotions or whatever, but I swear they give no shits. I reflect on my self and my actions all the time, because I'm desperate to find an answer as to why people don't care about me (This sounds so insane even as I write this), i wonder if my expectations of how much they should care is wrong and over estimated??? Or like maybe I'm secretly and ******* and don't deserve love or being cared about?? Or maybe they do care but I'm just blind and can't read emotions???? I don't know. It's just sad.

And not at all helpful is answering your question...whoops

Also I'm at uni (1st year) and it's ****ing hard.
tashkent46
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by bebsbobs)
Not at all!! It's not selfish. We deserve to be loved and cared about the same way we care about other people!

I'm in similar shoes as you and I swear I've always have been. I am a great listener and everyone would always come to me to talk about their problems and I listen and I care and I give advice if they need it, whatever... But when it comes to me and my emotions no one gives the slightest ****. Like literally. They don't care... I don't get it... maybe I'm misinterpreting their emotions or whatever, but I swear they give no shits. I reflect on my self and my actions all the time, because I'm desperate to find an answer as to why people don't care about me (This sounds so insane even as I write this), i wonder if my expectations of how much they should care is wrong and over estimated??? Or like maybe I'm secretly and ******* and don't deserve love or being cared about?? Or maybe they do care but I'm just blind and can't read emotions???? I don't know. It's just sad.

And not at all helpful is answering your question...whoops

Also I'm at uni (1st year) and it's ****ing hard.
Exactly this. I reflect on myself and think I must be doing something terrible if no one seems to care and yet it becomes more and more clear to me most people just don't care. I've lost some people I considered really good people because of this. Naturally I didn't assume they were bad people I assumed I did something to them, but the more I think about it the more I think about how the only thing I did wrong was disclose something they didn't want to hear.
Anonymous #4
Report 1 week ago
Well you could continue to feel sorry for yourself and wonder whether it's selfish to want for people to care, or you could ask people to meet up with you? They may well be sitting at home wondering the same...
Anonymous #5
Report 1 week ago
I'm dealing with exactly the same thing! I'm 21 and in my 3rd year and been dealing with it for a solid half a year. I don't really feel like I belong in the group anymore, but any time I'm needed I'm there for them, but when Ive needed them recently no ones been here.

And it really makes me feel selfish to even think about asking for some kind of attention back, it's silly as an adult. But when you live with these people and see them 24/7 it's hard to get away from. It constantly makes me feel like I'm not wanted or really good enough to be in the group. But hey I can see I'm not alone in this - makes it a little better right?
Sissoue
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thank you for responding. I respect what you wrote, but sadly i don't believe in god. And If he's the only one who can make all negative better, then why is there still such horrible things happening around the world if he has the power to eliminate it.
Listen if he help us everyday on a daily basis we wouldn't care about asking something to him, thank him and ask things we need , we should've ignore him what is your age?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (81)
14.16%
Yes - a food allergy (60)
10.49%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (15)
2.62%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (15)
2.62%
No (401)
70.1%

Watched Threads