Revision tips Watch

Wta
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
How can I revise effectively? I literally have the attention span of about 5 minutes and it doesn’t help that I view this whole revision thing as a chore. I’m seeing a teacher at school already on revision but it’s not really helping. I don’t know what to do I’m under so much pressure and it literally gives me mental breakdowns at least twice a week. I really need help my first exam is 26th April
TheLukeManster
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Wta)
How can I revise effectively? I literally have the attention span of about 5 minutes and it doesn’t help that I view this whole revision thing as a chore. I’m seeing a teacher at school already on revision but it’s not really helping. I don’t know what to do I’m under so much pressure and it literally gives me mental breakdowns at least twice a week. I really need help my first exam is 26th April
Hey, stop making excuses, there is no such thing as having an attention span of 5 minutes
Do the work and you'll reap the rewards for your effort

Just remember, there is no such thing as intelligence. People that perform well in your class and get 8/9 they only get those grades because, they are self disciplined ( they force themselves to work; even if they lack motivation), unlike some people who are lazy and cba

I learnt this last year, I was so rubbish at my R.E GCSE in year 10 and I constantly got 3's and at one stage I got a U. 2 months before the exam, I started revising intensely putting in effort and guess what happened I got a 9! So it's your choice
Wta
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheLukeManster)
Hey, stop making excuses, there is no such thing as having an attention span of 5 minutes
Do the work and you'll reap the rewards for your effort

Just remember, there is no such thing as intelligence. People that perform well in your class and get 8/9 they only get those grades because, they are self disciplined ( they force themselves to work; even if they lack motivation), unlike some people who are lazy and cba

I learnt this last year,t I was so rubbish at my R.E GCSE in year 10 and I constantly got 3's and at one stage I got a U. 2 months before the exam, I started revising intensely putting in effort and guess what happened I got a 9! So it's your choice
I can’t do the work if I can’t revise. There’s been countless times I’ve sat down with my work and I try to learn it and it doesn’t go through. Also there are many people in my year that get 8/9 effortlessly so that doesn’t help either.
TheLukeManster
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Do you live with the people that gets 8/9? I'm sure you don't. Some people lie that they don't revise, but they do. Any grade you get in an exam is a representation of your work ethic. Think of it this way, If you do AQA science everybody is revising from the same book but some people get 4's and some people get 7's that's because, the person with the 7 decided to work much more harder.

In terms of revision, it's not too late and you need to force yourself to revise or you'll regret it when the day before you start panicking that you barely know anything. Also, i revise daily and I force myself to do 1 hour each day and that has dramatically increased my scores. First mocks I got 5's and 4's Now I'm on 7's and 8's Any questions drop below
Wta
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheLukeManster)
Do you live with the people that gets 8/9? I'm sure you don't. Some people lie that they don't revise, but they do. Any grade you get in an exam is a representation of your work ethic. Think of it this way, If you do AQA science everybody is revising from the same book but some people get 4's and some people get 7's that's because, the person with the 7 decided to work much more harder.

In terms of revision, it's not too late and you need to force yourself to revise or you'll regret it when the day before you start panicking that you barely know anything. Also, i revise daily and I force myself to do 1 hour each day and that has dramatically increased my scores. First mocks I got 5's and 4's Now I'm on 7's and 8's Any questions drop below
How do you revise for your subjects
TheLukeManster
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Wta)
How do you revise for your subjects
For all my subjects I make sure I've covered all the content and make sure I understand everything in class/textbook. If I read the textbook and I don't understand something or even a word lol I wil go to my teacher to explain it to me. I'm a slow learner so takes me time to understand things so I keep disturbing my teachers before and after school. Then I make sure I practice questions over and over, and I mark and redraft them over and over until I get 100% and I keep covering the content and practicing questions everyday until the exam feels like second nature.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Material Futures Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Feb '19
  • University of Brighton
    Health and clinical practice + health professions + hospitality, tourism and events + journalism + sport and exercise Postgraduate
    Tue, 26 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (97)
14.88%
Yes - a food allergy (71)
10.89%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (16)
2.45%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (18)
2.76%
No (450)
69.02%

Watched Threads