Help my friend URGENT Watch

halsx11
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Does anyone know how to deal with parents that don’t have potential in you that don’t think you can have a job or even a future I need to some help for a friend she’s getting physically abused and her parents don’t think she can go into education I have to make her anonymous so any advice?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
SureyaK
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm not the best at giving advice but first off I'd start by saying if she is getting physical abuse tell someone, their a places like childline where you can remain annoymous but I'd also reccomend talking to human resources in your school or a trusted teacher.
Second remind your friend that parents don't mean anything, all they did (i'm assuming) is have intercourse once, that doesn't make them qualified to love and care for a whole other human being, you can also choose your family, you don't have to remain with the one given to you. Even if her parents don't believe in her i'm sure there are other people who do for example i'm sure you believ in your friend.
Something i do which helps wuite often is when a teacher doesn't believe in me i channel that anger into motivation and work extra hard just to throw my success in their face.
Praying for you and your friend xxx
halsx11
Rep:
?
(Original post by SureyaK)
I'm not the best at giving advice but first off I'd start by saying if she is getting physical abuse tell someone, their a places like childline where you can remain annoymous but I'd also reccomend talking to human resources in your school or a trusted teacher.
Second remind your friend that parents don't mean anything, all they did (i'm assuming) is have intercourse once, that doesn't make them qualified to love and care for a whole other human being, you can also choose your family, you don't have to remain with the one given to you. Even if her parents don't believe in her i'm sure there are other people who do for example i'm sure you believ in your friend.
Something i do which helps wuite often is when a teacher doesn't believe in me i channel that anger into motivation and work extra hard just to throw my success in their face.
Praying for you and your friend xxx
OMG thanks so much I’ve already considered her childline but she doesn’t want to do it! She only trusts me and thinks that I’m always going to be there for her and that is true! But sometimes I just don’t feel like I’m giving enough advice for her to deal with her anger! At school I’m always seeing her upset so I try to make her happy! She has to make her own food n all I just feel sorry for her but Ik she can do it and have the amazing future! I’ve always told her that I believe in you and it actually motivates her in skwl! Ur right parents aren’t everything in life and even tho they don’t believe in her she can still do it without them and when she does she can throw it back in their faces! Thanks for the advice once again x
SureyaK
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by halsx11)
OMG thanks so much I’ve already considered her childline but she doesn’t want to do it! She only trusts me and thinks that I’m always going to be there for her and that is true! But sometimes I just don’t feel like I’m giving enough advice for her to deal with her anger! At school I’m always seeing her upset so I try to make her happy! She has to make her own food n all I just feel sorry for her but Ik she can do it and have the amazing future! I’ve always told her that I believe in you and it actually motivates her in skwl! Ur right parents aren’t everything in life and even tho they don’t believe in her she can still do it without them and when she does she can throw it back in their faces! Thanks for the advice once again x
No problem, i'll be praying for your friend and waiting forr the day where she's known throughout the world for her amazing achievements!!
Decahedron
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If she is being abused you need to get the police involved.
halsx11
Rep:
?
(Original post by SureyaK)
No problem, i'll be praying for your friend and waiting forr the day where she's known throughout the world for her amazing achievements!!
Yeah I’ll tell you all about her journey!! Hope she gets on well with her family and proves them wrong!
halsx11
Rep:
?
(Original post by Decahedron)
If she is being abused you need to get the police involved.
She doesn’t want anyone to know about it! And she told me not to tell anyone right now she’s fine with them with getting abused! They just think that she can’t have a future or doesn’t have the potential to have a job! And that’s wrong cuz everyone has a future so I’m telling her what’s right and making her prove her parents wrong cuz at the end of the day it’s her life, she doesn’t have to believe in what her parents think of her I’ve told her to ignore it!
Decahedron
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by halsx11)
She doesn’t want anyone to know about it! And she told me not to tell anyone right now she’s fine with them with getting abused! They just think that she can’t have a future or doesn’t have the potential to have a job! And that’s wrong cuz everyone has a future so I’m telling her what’s right and making her prove her parents wrong cuz at the end of the day it’s her life, she doesn’t have to believe in what her parents think of her I’ve told her to ignore it!
Whether she wants it to be a secret is besides the point. She is getting physically abused, you can't just ignore that. It is a matter for the police and social services.
halsx11
Rep:
?
(Original post by Decahedron)
Whether she wants it to be a secret is besides the point. She is getting physically abused, you can't just ignore that. It is a matter for the police and social services.
I get that but you have to understand her privacy and her parents don’t do it to her as she lives with her grandma now! It’s been a few months that she’s been living with her grandma so to me she’s safe and that’s all that matters!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (238)
59.5%
No (162)
40.5%

Watched Threads