I smoke on average about 5-6 cigarettes a day, and on some days around 10

Is this a turn off for women?

I am in decent shape and 6ft 2
YaliaV
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It wouldn’t totally put me off, but I would prefer to date a non-smoker. I once dated someone who had a mouth like an ashtray, so I didn’t look forward to kissing him.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
i date a drill rapper
yzanne
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Jav.21)
I smoke on average about 5-6 cigarettes a day, and on some days around 10

Is this a turn off for women?

I am in decent shape and 6ft 2
Unfortunately, yes, sorry. I cannot stand smoking. You know what, it can be turned around though...if a girl saw you making a conscious effort to quit, thats a complete turn on! Go for it. Better your health - and your kissing skills! (smokey breath is yucky sorry) x
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Yes 100% it’s a turn off.
Probably not for all women but I’d say a majority. Especially people in their 20s. People older probably wouldn’t have that big a problem with it since it was once deemed normal but younger generations it is.
And for several reasons:
1) Cigarettes make your breath smell terrible. Which is a problem if someone wants to kiss you.
2) They might be out of because of the problems second hand smoking can cause for them
3) Long term relationships (marriage and kids) would be a problem since smokers are more likely to develop health issues and smoking is really bad near children.

I really think you should just stop. I know it’s easier said than done but if you really want any relationship that could become long term it’s good for both of you if you stop.

Try vaping. Not as much of a health issue and does not Male your breath smell bad (could even make it smell nice). And people aren’t out of by it.

Hope this helps. Good luck in any future relationships.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Lady Jamie
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If he quits then yeah.
Alexty28
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I am a smoker and always manage to find dates, but then again maybe its because I don't go for snobs. Just make sure you have a pack of gum and a can of lynx on hand at all time, even if you are dating another smoker its just nicer to be fresh.
Last edited by Alexty28; 1 week ago
miniminx3310
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
my last bf smoked loads. The smells not nice right after they have a cig so its not ideal but you get use to it. It kinda becomes part of their scent after a while, even if they have nice aftershave it overpowers it.

I think he'd normally wack in gum straight after so his mouth didnt reak of backy

I didnt like him smoking mainly bc it wasnt good for his health/mood changes when he didnt have cigs- i worry about him. But i liked him a lot so it didnt matter. Personally, i think people based on that poll are snobs- hell if u want cancer, its on you, you cant change people
Rhodesian
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by miniminx3310)
my last bf smoked loads. The smells not nice right after they have a cig so its not ideal but you get use to it. It kinda becomes part of their scent after a while, even if they have nice aftershave it overpowers it.

I think he'd normally wack in gum straight after so his mouth didnt reak of backy

I didnt like him smoking mainly bc it wasnt good for his health/mood changes when he didnt have cigs- i worry about him. But i liked him a lot so it didnt matter. Personally, i think people based on that poll are snobs- hell if u want cancer, its on you, you cant change people
Not really snobs.
Of course people would like op for who he is but smoking can be a deciding factor for long term relationships especially if they refuse to stop. It’s like choosing cigarettes over your partner.
I think the illnesses it can cause is the main problem not the smelly breath.

Also I don’t understand why people don’t just vape instead. I don’t do it but it smells better and isn’t as bad for your health and you get the same feelings as cigarettes so it’s a win win situation.
miniminx3310
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
literally still think thats snobby. Cigerettes or me! Its not crack cocaine, people needa stop being so draMaTic
Agree w u over illness tho, be guess im referring to my own teen age ahaah- still think smoking cigarettes is stupid regardless anyhow

i think i indirectly got my ex-boy to vape, just bc i disapproved of it, but think after a long time its such an engraved habit its difficult, (he'd smoked for 4yrs!!) & as well vapings more expensive if ur broke. He then switched back and i asked him about it and he was just like its not the same feeling as all
JoshDarnIt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Smoker of weed, yes. Smoker of tabs, no.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Have done a few times but it does annoy me more as I get older.
MinaBee
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I can't bear the smell so probably not.
Violet Femme
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No.

Aside from the health ramifications, smokers smell bad.
chooseanother
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I personally wouldn’t, mainly because I’m asthmatic so I wouldn’t really want to be exposed to a lot of smoke. I also wouldn’t really want to watch someone I’m in a relationship do that much damage to themselves. But I’d consider dating someone who was actively trying to quit if they were a smoker in the past.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (237)
59.85%
No (159)
40.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise