The Student Room Group

I think I’m being bullied

So for some back story before I start explaining
I’m in year 11 and I’m currently 15 years old i also have severe depression and yeast 11 hasn’t been the easiest year for me but I’ve been hanging on.
Right so my best friend is gay but I have no issue with it but everyone seems to have their own opinions on it. There is a group of year 10’s that just don’t leave him alone they constantly pick on him about his sexuality so let’s say I kinda put them in their place and I screamed at them telling them to leave him alone. Nothing really happened for the next couple months. After the Christmas holidays they just won’t stop giving me dirty looks so I smile at them and mind my own business. This has happened since the start of the new year they shout rude words at me and the main girl has told nearly a quarter of her year. So I always get dirty looks from year 10. I honestly don’t care but they don’t leave my friend alone. It’s really frustrating because they can’t keep their homophobic comments to themselves. A week ago I was walking to school and I didn’t see them I thought they were just some year 7’s hanging out but then the main girl decides to start walking towards me she’s a little taller than me I’m 5’7 and she barges into me really hard and I lose my balance then she doesn’t say anything but she walks away like she’s the ****ing queen. I know this is really stupid like I mean they are in year 10. And I’m not sure if this is bullying or not.
She also doesn’t fight her own battles she gets others too and she only goes for me when I’m alone. And I’m sick of it. I’m tired and stressed.
But I doubt she’d want to listen to me. I always end in tears but they haven’t physically fought me. I’m glad. BUT HOW DO I STOP THIS!!
For the homophobic comments towards your friend- you should probably report that to your school. I feel like they handle discrimination a lot more seriously than just regular bullying.

For the situation of them looking at you and laughing etc - that is a toughie. I'd say go smash their heads in but I don't want you getting into trouble. Plus I'm exactly the same way you are, in confrontational situations I just cannot handle my emotions and break down into hysterical crying. I could not even have the mentality to fight or argue for myself etc etc. I would say the best thing is to mind your business and don't let them get you down, which is of course easier said than done. But try to get yourself in the safety of your friends and group situations and don't give them any power over your emotions. Use humour to dismiss their actions, could even be a sarcastic ******* to them and that would definitely make them mad (if that's what you're going for)

Quick Reply