The Student Room Group

should i drop art GCSE

Hi everyone,
I am currently 3 months away from my GCSEs, and art is the subject that is most time consuming and stressful. because of the volume of work i have to do - i lost most of my coursework for the last project on the bus and my year 10 books were a mess, i have had to work really hard to catch up. for the past 3 days i have stayed up until 4 am, give or take, in order to try and catch up, but ive hardly made a dent in it. i dont enjoy art anymore, which is a shame because i used to really like it. my mum has emailed in (i didnt ask her to) to ask if i can drop it. if my parents have realised my decline in motivation, surly the school will?

if you dont do your art hw at my school you are seen as lazy, which is so annoying, and i hate saying to my other teachers that i havent done their homework because there was too much art. my grades are suffering because of the amount of art work.

is it better to have 9 average GCSEs, or 8 better ones? (i could use the time allocated for art to revise my weaker subjects)
should i drop it?
help! xx

(as well as this, i have a condition which id rather not talk about that means i do get really ill if i dint get enough sleep - sounds made up but its not!)
i really cant think of any reason to continue, only to get the GCSE
i’m going through a really similar thing, but this was posted a few months ago so i was wondering; did you drop art?
Reply 2
sorry for the late response, but no i didn't. my teacher said it would be more worthwhile to push through with it and i wasn't allowed, but i got my art grade back and i only got a 5, (what a waste of time!)
just wondering, what year are you in? if you're in year 10 i would say it is worth it to keep pushing on, even if your sketchbooks aren't incredible. for example, my friend got a 3 in year 10 because she did no work, but worked over the summer and just came back with an 8, which is really good. summer is the perfect time to go over it ( i wish i had) because its low pressure compared to other subjects
Original post by 5tr3s5ed
i’m going through a really similar thing, but this was posted a few months ago so i was wondering; did you drop art?
ahahahah no problem, yeah i’m in year 10 and i’m not going to drop it either, i found my sketchbook again (it was at the bus station) and i’m going to work on it in summer. sorry you’re not happy with your grade, but a 5 is really good!! atm i’m trying to revise for english literature (i’m doing it a year early) so the stress of losing my sketchbook really wasn’t helping :// thank you though!!
Original post by potnoodelss
sorry for the late response, but no i didn't. my teacher said it would be more worthwhile to push through with it and i wasn't allowed, but i got my art grade back and i only got a 5, (what a waste of time!)
just wondering, what year are you in? if you're in year 10 i would say it is worth it to keep pushing on, even if your sketchbooks aren't incredible. for example, my friend got a 3 in year 10 because she did no work, but worked over the summer and just came back with an 8, which is really good. summer is the perfect time to go over it ( i wish i had) because its low pressure compared to other subjects

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending