The Student Room Group

I keep getting flashes (pictures) of bad things happening.

So for example, today I was looking at my brother when I saw my brothers head split open for a split second. Another example from today, I saw a picture flash in front of me trying to drink tea (that's quite far from me) and it spilling on my laptop.

In both cases, the scenarios are possible but highly unlikely. When I looked at my brother he was in one of those pack n play little things (he is 1) so it would be impossible for that to happen. I was going to go out for a second to the kitchen when it happened. When it comes to tea, it's very far from me. If it spilled from where it is it wouldn't do anything to my laptop. For this one, I wanted to drink tea.

What is going on?
Reply 1
Have you been under high amounts of stress lately? Our mind sometimes shoves these images at us so we desensitise to other high stress situations.Your brain may also be trying to process your stress in other ways if the root cause is unknown.

If you are suffering this but also have other anxiety/ fear based symptoms (and you've had them for a long time) you may want to look into anxiety disorders (OCD or GAD). https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/anxiety-and-panic-attacks/anxiety-disorders/?o=6276#.XGRtpi2cZZg

Good luck,
Rynn x
Reply 2
Original post by RynnRiot
Have you been under high amounts of stress lately? Our mind sometimes shoves these images at us so we desensitise to other high stress situations.Your brain may also be trying to process your stress in other ways if the root cause is unknown.

If you are suffering this but also have other anxiety/ fear based symptoms (and you've had them for a long time) you may want to look into anxiety disorders (OCD or GAD). https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/anxiety-and-panic-attacks/anxiety-disorders/?o=6276#.XGRtpi2cZZg

Good luck,
Rynn x

Tbh, I know I got issues but my fully awake self is always like "nah, I'm fine and I will live with it." I will try to drag myself to the GP but whenever I am fully awake I always think it's alright. I have been working by trying to write down the symptoms and their effects plus trying to do something because in a way I am in denial that the issues do affect my everyday life. I have recently started trying to figure out why I can't get myself to ask for any help. From what I figured so far I think that when I wake up I start living in the moment since my life is built around not noticing and being around other people I don't really get the chance to notice it's an issue unless I go out somewhere. Tbh, this doesn't feel real. I know that it is and that I should get some help but it just doesn't feel like it.

Quick Reply

Latest