Northfield vs New Eastslope accomodation?

Watch
Poppygibsonx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’ve applied to Sussex uni and got a place but I need to complete my accomodation application. I was originally going to choose Northfield as the only downfalls was that it was a bit of a walk away from everything and it was quite quiet. However I’ve just seen that they’ve opened a part of the new Eastslope which is much closer, more modern and is virtually the same price. Has anyone heard anything/had any experience in this new accomodation? Would love to know what it’s like before I put it first! Thank you
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Poppygibsonx)
I’ve applied to Sussex uni and got a place but I need to complete my accomodation application. I was originally going to choose Northfield as the only downfalls was that it was a bit of a walk away from everything and it was quite quiet. However I’ve just seen that they’ve opened a part of the new Eastslope which is much closer, more modern and is virtually the same price. Has anyone heard anything/had any experience in this new accomodation? Would love to know what it’s like before I put it first! Thank you
Moved to University of Sussex
clickypen
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I live in Northfield and it is very nice, though you're right about it being a bit of a walk. However, some of East Slope's accomodation reaches almost to Northfield, and to get to it you would also have to walk up a hill.

To be honest, I don't think it really matters. They're both great and quite new, though Northfield Bar I guess adds something to Northfield that East Slope no longer has.
AnkXL
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
If you have the chance, take East Slope. Northfield is great (I live there) but the walk becomes horribly tedious and painful after the novelty wears off.

East Slope also has dedicated study rooms inside the flats which are just as good as going to the library to revise. And it's more central. The only downsides are the enormous staircase you have to walk up to go home, and the rent.
chloerachel2199
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I lived at East Slope (Camber) which was at the top of Brighthelm. It is quite a trek up to it with a lot of steps, but I'd say it takes the same amount of time to walk there from lectures as it does to walk to Northfield, so they're pretty equal in terms of that.

I realise you've probably been allocated your accommodation by now, so if you got East Slope lmk if you have any questions about it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (103)
61.68%
No (64)
38.32%

Watched Threads