What is the best MSc Computer Science/AI course for my grade ? Watch

durotan97
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hello my friends, I have just finished my BSc Informatics/Computer Science in November in germany and I have received an overall grade of 2.3, which is roughly equal to 2:1 to 2:2, depending on where you are looking. If my grades allow, I would try to go for a PHD after my MSc. Regarding only reputation and career chances, what would be the best university to apply to for Computer Science or AI ? I have yet applied to Edinburgh, Bristol, Southampton, Glasgow, Manchester, Leeds and Birmingham. Got rejected by Bristol and Edinburgh and accepted by Glasgow. Other universites that I dont find personally interesting are Warwick and Durham. Are there any other universities, whose entry requirements i fit, that I may have missed ? Thanks in advance
Last edited by durotan97; 6 months ago
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by durotan97)
Hello my friends, I have just finished my BSc Informatics/Computer Science in November in germany and I have received an overall grade of 2.3, which is roughly equal to 2:1 to 2:2, depending on where you are looking. If my grades allow, I would try to go for a PHD after my MSc. Regarding only reputation and career chances, what would be the best university to apply to for Computer Science or AI ? I have yet applied to Edinburgh, Bristol, Southampton, Glasgow, Manchester, Leeds and Birmingham. Got rejected by Bristol and Edinburgh and accepted by Glasgow. Other universites that I dont find personally interesting are Warwick and Durham. Are there any other universities, whose entry requirements i fit, that I may have missed ? Thanks in advance
First off please don't try and convert your grades. Unis will have entry requirements for your education system or email them and ask.

Second, your career will depend on who you study with, their links within the field you want to work in and their publication record. The unis reputation makes no difference. So where are there supervisors who's work interests you?
durotan97
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Isnt it a bit too early to look for supervisors ? If my MSc starts in September than it will be 18 months before the earliest start of my PHD.
Shouldnt i just look for a good university for now ?
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by durotan97)
Isnt it a bit too early to look for supervisors ? If my MSc starts in September than it will be 18 months before the earliest start of my PHD.
Shouldnt i just look for a good university for now ?
As above, good university for a PhD = where the best fit of supervisor is. You need to start looking for one once you have started your MSc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.48%
Excited (156)
9.1%
Worried (306)
17.84%
Terrified (381)
22.22%
Meh (170)
9.91%
Confused (37)
2.16%