The Student Room Group

Hull York Medical School Offer Holders 2019

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
Original post by zara456674
also anyone know wth this 'insurance certificate' is for accommodation?
apparently we have to bring it too

Original post by a.mandie
where does it say to bring that?

Not a have to bring with you document. More of a you should have it in case you need it document.

"Download your Insurance certificate, review the cover and keep it with your other important documents".
anyone at Hull have the option to pay the deposit ?
Reply 622
Original post by Med1326
anyone at Hull have the option to pay the deposit ?

My daughter. International applicant. Sent email on 10th September saying unable to pay deposit.

Reply received on 11th saying "I have now checked your account and you should now be able to log into the accommodation portal and pay the deposit"

Deposit now paid.

Suggest you send them an email to [email protected]
Include your full name, student number and date of birth. They need these three details to ensure they are checking the correct persons details.
(edited 4 years ago)
when's this in person enrolment thing going to be again?

According to an email from HYMS Hull have their in-person enrolment on the 27th. The induction module on the Hull website is still saying nothing.

Does anyone have a hull university email? I have a York one but I don't think i have one for Hull.
Original post by matthewa953
According to an email from HYMS Hull have their in-person enrolment on the 27th. The induction module on the Hull website is still saying nothing.

Does anyone have a hull university email? I have a York one but I don't think i have one for Hull.

we have a hull email which is shown in our myJournal portal - but they haven't given us any info on it, I imagine they would during induction week
Reply 626
Original post by HPAG
My daughter. International applicant.

An international student!? I'm stressing out about moving and I'm barely an hour away. Best of luck to her :smile:

I think I remember one of the e-mails we recieved saying something about all the Hull people going to York to meet each other. Not sure exactly on that tho.

Quick query to y'all, think they'll be alright with me bringing a laptop to PBL sessions/lectures? My handwriting is bloody awful to the point where i struggle to read it back to myself, so typing it up would make things so much easier
Original post by Shpee
An international student!? I'm stressing out about moving and I'm barely an hour away. Best of luck to her :smile:

I think I remember one of the e-mails we recieved saying something about all the Hull people going to York to meet each other. Not sure exactly on that tho.

Quick query to y'all, think they'll be alright with me bringing a laptop to PBL sessions/lectures? My handwriting is bloody awful to the point where i struggle to read it back to myself, so typing it up would make things so much easier

I'm definitely bringing one it will be so much easier to make notes that way, i mean the worst they can do is tell you to put it away right? and yeah hull people have to visit york on a specific day i'd need to check when though, i have the email somewhere...
yup just checked apparently details are still to be confirmed
Original post by LinaHearts
I'm definitely bringing one it will be so much easier to make notes that way, i mean the worst they can do is tell you to put it away right? and yeah hull people have to visit york on a specific day i'd need to check when though, i have the email somewhere...
yup just checked apparently details are still to be confirmed

wait, where does it say all this? which email
Finally paid my deposit too!!! I just emailed them and then they said it was ready to accept it
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by a.mandie
wait, where does it say all this? which email

The one with this title- Welcome to Year 1 MB BS Medicine - Important information enclosed :smile:
Here is what it says
HYMS Induction
Your first day with us will see you all together on our York Campus (there will be buses arranged from our Hull Campus and details will be confirmed shortly). You will get a warm welcome from many of the teams that will be looking after you during your time with us, and get to meet one another as well during our networking lunch.
Reply 631
Has anyone done their induction stuff yet? Finished my enrollment yesterday and the e-induction section was just blank. Little bit worried because our accommodation says we must have done the fire safety part to get our keys tomorrow but it just isn't there.
Are any of you guys (Hull) not going into halls? I'm a graduate so am happy with my first halls experience lol, are you moving in for Hull freshers or are you waiting closer to the HYMS induction?
Guys help do we need any books I haven't heard what books or equipment we need :frown:
Original post by Francis197
Guys help do we need any books I haven't heard what books or equipment we need :frown:

i don't have anything yet i'm guessing they will tell us when we get there (at least i hope) Probably on that HYMS induction week thing
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by LinaHearts
i don't have anything yet i'm guessing they will tell us when we get there (at least i hope) Probably on that HYMS induction week thing

Thnx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending